Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is this wire for and where/how does it go?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gothspeed
I have not seen this wire before, they were with the rocker parts I bought.

Is it to keep some spring pressure on the rockers to keep them quiet? If so, I definitely want to use them smile.gif.

Does anyone know how they go on?
ripper911
Those are german coathangers.
underthetire
They hold the pushrod tubes in. Look a little funny though.
914itis
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jan 29 2011, 01:47 PM) *

They hold the pushrod tubes in. Look a little funny though.

yes they are, and not hard to figure out,
914 shifter
torque curve on a 70 1.yada yada WTF.gif
detoxcowboy
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
gothspeed
Thanks for posting guys. This is my first type 4 build and when you get a box full of engine parts, not everything is so obvious as to where it goes. Especially when on 911s these do not exist and what look to be 'push rod tubes', do not have push rods in them and are solely for oil return.

Now that I know the purpose, it should be intuitive from here on out. I really thought they had a more 'functional' purpose than to just 'retain' the tubes.

Does everyone use these?? I am fairly certain I have seen some pics of others engines, that did not have these.
SirAndy
QUOTE(gothspeed @ Jan 29 2011, 01:01 PM) *
Does everyone use these?? I am fairly certain I have seen some pics of others engines, that did not have these.

There's nothing else holding the tubes in place ...You'd be looking at a big oily mess if one of the tubes started sliding out while the engine is running ...
shades.gif
gothspeed
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 29 2011, 01:42 PM) *

QUOTE(gothspeed @ Jan 29 2011, 01:01 PM) *

There's nothing else holding the tubes in place ...You'd be looking at a big oily mess if one of the tubes started sliding out while the engine is running ...
shades.gif

Thanks! Then I will put them in!!! sunglasses.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.