Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: POC at Streets of Willow 1/29-30
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
campbellcj
Sorry for the late notice - POC is having the STS/PDS driver's clinic today and a regular short-track event at Streets of Willow this weekend. I will be there tomorrow seeing if I can beat my personal best time from the season opener this time last year... Unfortunately I do not expect more than 3-4 914's but ya never know.

Come by and say hi if you happen to be at the event or in the area. first.gif (LOL, not sure who would be in the Rosamond area on purpose unless heading to the track.)
brilliantrot
Nice to put a face with the name again Chris. That motor you have in your car sound pretty wicked and you sure had it cooking around the track.

Hope to run into you at another event soon.

Evan
campbellcj
Likewise Evan. I did not hit my target time for the day but still beat my best lap at this track by more than 1/2 second IIRC. The rain in the last session sure was 'interesting' - couldn't see a damn thing going into the bowl - I bailed and headed home at that point.
brilliantrot
I really wanted to run the 3rd session but the rain kinda killed that plan, I wanted to just go out and slide around but they didn't even let us go out. I only got one session in without an instructor all weekend and didn't quite get down to the track record, I was ~0.7secons shy at 1:29.5. Some fresh tires (I was on ~15 heat cycles SM6 Hoosiers) and now knowing where the track goes, I think I can get down to a 1:28.0 or so. I just kinda feel bad for my car and the abuse I put it through, seriously reconsidering picking up a 2.5L Boxster so I feel less bad jumping curbs and slamming shifts in it. The 915 box even with all new internals will shift quickly but gives the distinct feel through the shifter that you are destroying it. I never though I would say I miss a 901 but it was a much better shifting trans and the G50 in the 993 was simply sublime.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.