Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WHAT IS THIS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
914.SBC
This is probably a dumb questions but all my quesitons seem dumb cuz I am a newbie when it comes to the 914 so here goes. When I bought the car, I found this piece inside the car along with a bunch of other items. Anyway, I am clueless as to what this is or if it has anything at all to do with the car at all. I have kept it cuz I did not know if it belonged to the car or not.

Mike Bellis
early passenger foot rest.
anderssj
QUOTE(914.SBC @ Jan 30 2011, 02:01 PM) *

This is probably a dumb questions but all my quesitons seem dumb cuz I am a newbie when it comes to the 914 so here goes. When I bought the car, I found this piece inside the car along with a bunch of other items. Anyway, I am clueless as to what this is or if it has anything at all to do with the car at all. I have kept it cuz I did not know if it belonged to the car or not.

Looks like a dog-bone footrest for cars with a fixed passenger seat.
d914
early cars came with a foot rest,, thats my best guess considering size of pic and no glasses!! smile.gif
sixnotfour
you guys are all wrong
McMark
Save it or sell it to someone with a 1970.
914.SBC
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 30 2011, 10:06 AM) *

A foot rest...really. Wow, never would have thought about that. I like the cat scratcher pic...too funny.

Okay, well its FREE TO WHOEVER WANTS IT.
tradisrad
If you are giving it away I'd be happy to pay shipping. I'll send a PM
thanks
-Rob
sixgt
I'd like if you can ship it to 98144. I will take care of shipping of course.
Thanks!
detoxcowboy
It is suppsed to have a 6" strap that hooks to a d-ring that is on a short 1" strap that screws down to the passenger floor board... The Srtaps keep it from flying into the driver area on cars without a center console ect.. I use one on my '74 but have also installed the earlieat foam foot board on the passenger side for more legroom.. i like the long legged woman biggrin.gif .

Click to view attachment
Gustl
would also love to get it ... but I'm afraid I'm too late ...
Bleyseng
I have one but Monique uses it in my Westy as she is short and make it comfortable to sit then with her feet on it. They are even nice in the 914...if you have short legs.
ConeDodger
Very nice gesture but FYI, that is a rare and desirable part and you should sell it...
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 30 2011, 04:03 PM) *

Very nice gesture but FYI, that is a rare and desirable part and you should sell it...

agree.gif evryone looking for a hand out, but giving stuff away is cool too... I do both, whatever makes me happier.. it is either the Karma Bag or the Wallet..
Tom_T

Mark - his is a 70 & probably still has the fixed passenger seat (unless the PO updated it).

So he should keep it in case he ever has a short girlfriend! smile.gif
bembry
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jan 30 2011, 07:43 PM) *

Mark - his is a 70 & probably still has the fixed passenger seat (unless the PO updated it).

agree.gif Man--slow down! I'd be hesitant to start giving away pieces of a car, unless you're just stripping it out to race or something.
914.SBC
QUOTE(bembry @ Jan 30 2011, 06:51 PM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jan 30 2011, 07:43 PM) *

agree.gif Man--slow down! I'd be hesitant to start giving away pieces of a car, unless you're just stripping it out to race or something.

I appreciate all the feedback but I generally do not sell any of my parts and if I do, I sell for cheap. I have had some good fortune and I am thankful for my health and family, etc. Besides, the person who asked for the part also asked to pay for it and I said no.

You guys are awesome...

Pat Garvey
You are a rare person! And I( mean that positively.
Pat
914xprs
very refreshing.....i am in riverside if you need anything...i usually have it...a very desirable piece as most have been tossed or used as a make shift wheel chalk....but good is always good and congradulations with your stated good fortune..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.