Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Richmond, VA transmission rebuild clinic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
Scotty B has OKed doing a transmission rebuild clinic at his shop in VA. This can be planned from Feb on for the most part. This thread is intended to assemble a roster and to solidify a date. This would be for a weekend and would follow the same format as the previous clinics. See the links in my sig for the many clinics that I have already done.

Price: $300 plus parts, many used parts and new will be at whole sale.

Questions?

People without boxes to build are free to watch. I supply special tools, instruction, parts, noxious fumes. smile.gif
scotty b
Will I be allowed to taunt the teacher ? confused24.gif

icon8.gif Please everyone, remember your gas masks barf.gif
Dr Evil
What else is new rolleyes.gif
MikeSpraggi
Would you also show how to convert a tail shifter to a side shifter? I think I have most if not all of the conversion pieces?
Dr Evil
Absolutely. It is very easy. Also, if people want to goof with gear ratios it would be easy to do.

scotty b
We might could make this a 2 day event if enough are interested in both my class and Evils class. Do one on Sat and one on Sun confused24.gif

This would also depend on Mikes schedule huh.gif
Dr Evil
Actually, my class is a two day event. All day Sat and most of Sun leaving me time to get home. We could do simultaneous stuff, though. I mean, it is your shop, after all.
scotty b
Oh unsure.gif unsure.gif nevermind

Just when I thought I had a good idea
bozo914
I'm very interested. I bought a "static display" (71 w/ spun rod bearing) so confused24.gif I have no clue what shape the box is in.

bozo914
Do I get extra points if I bring beer for the teacher and shop owner? KMA.gif
Dr Evil
I will always advise a look-see. If anyone brings a box that doesnt need a rebuild (not happened yet that I remember), pay for a seal kit, reseal the box, and take back your $300 wink.gif No need to pay if you dont need to build. Right?
Dr Evil
QUOTE(bozo914 @ Jan 30 2011, 09:35 PM) *

Do I get extra points if I bring beer for the teacher and shop owner? KMA.gif

Absolutely! Those points will be redeemable for breathing-air that can be claimed at the event wink.gif For your contribution, I will make pee at no extra charge biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
Any ideas on weekends that work, or ones that dont? Let me know. This will be much easier to plan since I am driving there.
hot_shoe914
I would be interested in attending to be the shop nuisance or gopher boy. Also give me an excuse to deliver parts to Scotty. confused24.gif
Dr Evil
Generally speaking, people tend to need 2 bands, 2 sets of teeth, and seal kit (I can get for you) at the minimum. Often the lower intermediate plate bearing is needed. This is the typical. If you buy new vs used the prices vary a lot. If you buy used from me at/for the clinic I always cut you a price break (not looking to jack the price up once I have you in need). Feel free to contact me fro pricing and purchasing. You are welcome to buy now when you pay for your tuition. I have limited qty of used stuff and it will be getting less at time and clinics move on. I will try to replenish, but can not promise. Prices for new are changing constantly as well. I can get new for wholesale for ya, but on many parts I would recommend used as they are not inferior and are cheaper.
flipb
I could use it, and wish I could take advantage of the local venue... but with 2 little kids at home, I get limited "off-leash" time and I've already committed most of it.

In the 18 months that I've owned it, I've replaced shift bushings, clutch & flywheel, and trans fluid. So hopefully it'll hold out for a while.
SUNAB914
I'll be there to watch and learn if its not the weekend of the 12-13th. Let me know, look forward to attending.
Dr Evil
Dates are open to suggestion. Perhaps it is better to continue suggesting dates that wont work?
anderssj
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jan 31 2011, 02:22 AM) *

I would be interested in attending to be the shop nuisance or gopher boy. Also give me an excuse to deliver parts to Scotty. confused24.gif

Me too--could bring/fetch beer or whatever.

Steve A-
Dr Evil
Since Scotty's shop is only 6 hours away, I can do a few of these in smaller groups as time allows. Also, dont forget that I also teach one-on-one in my own garage if you wanna come up for a weekend and rebuild your box.
scotty b
If there are anough out of towners interested I can check with the motel up the road and see about getting a good rate. I also need to check on the condition of the joint. It is an older ( 60's ) style roadside motel, could be a craphole, but it seems to keep overnightersregularly confused24.gif
Dr Evil
Hillbilly Hooker Hotel tooth.gif teef.gif
SUNAB914
I have decided to do the full class if time/weather/cold permits me to pull my 74 trans. It's not bad at all, but I have brand new parts that I have had for a longtime and might as well get'r done, and learn at same time. Somebody make a decision on dates, please! 19 or 26 Feb? I don't think you want to do it on Valentine weekend! We would all be in trouble.
BATE's Motel i believe.
Dr Evil
No hurry. I just looked at my schedule and the next full weekend I have off is April 23-24 dry.gif This would be the same weekend as Easter and Hershey. I cant believe that all of my weekends for the rest of the year are pretty much booked out through May-June. And May-June are the other clinics.

I can still do some one on one classes, though. For those willing to drive here. I can include lodging at no extra charge smile.gif

The earliest dates I have a free weekend that isnt taken up is mid to late May. Better weather at least.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.