Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vacuum hose diagram
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
matteyp
Does anyone know where I can find a vaccum hose diagram for a 73 1.7? Bowlsby's diagrams have been very helpful but he only has a diagram for a 71. My air cleaner only has only two ports and the 71 diagram looks like it has 3. Thanks for the help.

Matt
914 shifter
try tech article on pelican site idea.gif
matteyp
Pelican uses the same diagram as bowlsby. I know the lines aren't that different from a 71 to a 73 but there are extra hoses that I don't know where they go.
detoxcowboy
Click to view attachment
detoxcowboy
if you need an extra port these can come into play.. decel valve? on '73?
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Part Number: 022 133 083
Part Number: 022 133 083 D

both available at German Supply..

http://www.germansupply.com/home/customer/home.php?cat=348
matteyp
Man those are expensive for some stupid rubber peices. Hopefully rich will have one laying around.
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(matteyp @ Jan 31 2011, 06:18 PM) *

Man those are expensive for some stupid rubber peices. Hopefully rich will have one laying around.

Oh you can get them elsewhere that was mainly to show you what they are and they you can connect piggy back and that they are out there available.. you will have better pricing and availablity with vw sites and shops..
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(matteyp @ Jan 31 2011, 05:23 PM) *

Does anyone know where I can find a vaccum hose diagram for a 73 1.7? Bowlsby's diagrams have been very helpful but he only has a diagram for a 71. My air cleaner only has only two ports and the 71 diagram looks like it has 3. Thanks for the help.

Matt

OK lets Start Over, there is only 2 vac hoses to the air cleaner in the posted diagram,.. Just start copying that diagram and if you end up with an extra hose.. post that issue.. If while doing that you have a problem identifying a hose or part, post that too,. Once you dig you will see..
detoxcowboy
Just to get you seeing what I see is the oil filler and the charcoal cannister are the only 2 hoses at the air filter (green in diagram) the vacumm retard from your distributor is not at the air cleaner though it may appear so (yellow in diagram).. Some hoses recyle air (air cleaner) and some hoses are from parts sensing vacaum (throttle body/housing) and then there is the aar which is a controlled vaccum leak (only othe green hoses in diagram, also from intake bootle to throotle housing).. just a head start.. good luck..
matteyp
Ok man so heres some pics i shot today, hopefully you can tell what im looking at
Click to view attachment
Ok so this pic I cant really figure out why the rubber peice is to short to fit onto the top of the air cleaner, do I have the wrong one or something? the large bottom fitting i assume attaches to the hose that comes up from flapper boxes under the engine shelf? Correct me here cuz im just guessing.

Click to view attachment
Ok this picture shows the hook up onto the oil fill which is shown in the pelican diagram, but there is also another connection there just in front of the oil fill which is not shown in the diagram. I have a line connected to it just for reference, Where does that go?

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
These two pictures are from both sides of the motor. Each has an input just in front of the spark plug. Sorry the second pic is a little harder to see. what hooks to these?

Click to view attachment
Now this last picture there are 3 hook ups under the air cleaner which are also not pictured in the pelican diagram. What lines hook to these 3 input? thanks for the help

matteyp
Oh and one last thing. I have a total of two hook ups on my air cleaner box and one on the rubber pipe. Also in the second to last picture the heater flapper which comes up just in front of the coil and is blocked, im assuming hooks up somewhere right? Man I thought wiring my car was difficult, wish i had a correct diagram...
detoxcowboy
Click to view attachment\\

biggrin.gif Is that a wrist sweat band? biggrin.gif

Just kidding..

Looks like you have confunction going on and I have been thinking what is the best way to help you straighten this out to some understanding for you..

My email is detoxcowboy@gmail.com send me all the above pics plus take one or two of the whole enchilada, back it up a bit so I can see what you dealing with and what you or have not.. I will draw on them and send them back to you with explanation.. and possible request another photo or 2.. Joe
type47
QUOTE(matteyp @ Feb 1 2011, 03:00 PM) *

Click to view attachment
Ok this picture shows the hook up onto the oil fill which is shown in the pelican diagram, but there is also another connection there just in front of the oil fill which is not shown in the diagram. I have a line connected to it just for reference, Where does that go?
the thing in front of the oil fill is an "anti-flashback" valve. The connection already on the valve and then there are 2 others below; one goes to the port on the head in the pic below, your finger is almost pointing to it, it's a small tube that comes out of the head. There is another port on the other head.
Click to view attachment

sail2fast
For anyone else needing help with this, I found the Haynes diagram (pg 40) to be almost exactly like my stock '73 1.7L, including the positions of various connection points.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.