Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So, I am back. 73 2ltr
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DrifterJay
Went to Ron's shop this past weekend and picked up his 73 2ltr "dirt devil". Got the car for a price I couldn't resist, so I went home with a trailer in tow. The car is all there, but needs a lot of love. Spent yesterday cleaning it out and assessing/poking the rust around the car. The trunk now has a hole the size of my fist smile.gif . Should be fun. My plan is to make it a driver asap. I actually should be getting my tags today, $662 dollars later dry.gif . Here are two pics of it sitting in the back alley of my condo.

-Jared

PS: Kuddos go out to Ron (Slits) for being a very genuine and honest gentleman and seller. Thank you Ron for making my experience a good one! sheeplove.gif
DrifterJay
IPB Image

IPB Image
DrifterJay
IPB Image
Root_Werks
Looks like a good start!

I've left, but for 25 years....I always get pulled back. biggrin.gif
SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif

What's the paint code? Looks like a 98 - Aubergine ... idea.gif
brp986s
Nice 'un. You really got the patina (pateener?) thing going on there. I'd be tempted to get the mechanicals right, clearcoat, and run as is. A real survivor. Or not... idea.gif Good luck with it whatever direction you take.
DanT
uh, $662 for tags....confused24.gif
DrifterJay
No, its originally a Sepia brown car, L-98 if my memory is correct. Was later repainted a shitty sparkle purple that wasn't prepped well, then left in a backyard for 10+ years. Registration was $662 because 5 years ago, the PO before Ron did an inquiry on registration costs, which brought it back into the system. dry.gif My priorities on this car are much different than my last car.... V8, spray-painted rat rod. I want it to look nice and actually have my significant other not be embarrassed to ride in it. I still like to go fast, but if it at least handles well, then I can sustain myself for a few years. biggrin.gif
SLITS
Your welcome. I really hated to see it go, but it was a project that was way down the list.

Now I am sad .... I only own one 914 .... I don't know how to act. hissyfit.gif
76-914
That wasn't the stolen one was it, Ron? happy11.gif lol-2.gif
DrifterJay
I don't give a shit how Ron got it, lol. The paperwork was perfectly legit and a title with my name on it is heading to my mailbox. beerchug.gif

Expect a pathetic build thread to be posted up soon. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 1 2011, 07:09 PM) *

That wasn't the stolen one was it, Ron? happy11.gif lol-2.gif

Twystd1
Geeezzz Jay. Not another chick...????
Ya got pics?

And Red Hair Joe says hello to you.
Gimme a call sometime. Same number.

Claytonovich
Gint
QUOTE(SLITS @ Feb 1 2011, 05:23 PM) *
.... I don't know how to act. hissyfit.gif
Nothing new there...

Welcome back Jay. Even brought Clayton out of the woodwork.
rick 918-S
Nice! The Dirt Devil lives! Hey Jay! assimilate.gif
swl
QUOTE(DrifterJay @ Feb 1 2011, 01:11 PM) *

a shitty sparkle purple that wasn't prepped well, then left in a backyard for 10+ years.

My bet - 81 porsche wine red poly. Looked great new. Ages horribly.
Tom_T
QUOTE(DrifterJay @ Feb 1 2011, 01:11 PM) *

No, its originally a Sepia brown car, L-98 if my memory is correct. Was later repainted a shitty sparkle purple that wasn't prepped well, then left in a backyard for 10+ years. Registration was $662 because 5 years ago, the PO before Ron did an inquiry on registration costs, which brought it back into the system. dry.gif My priorities on this car are much different than my last car.... V8, spray-painted rat rod. I want it to look nice and actually have my significant other not be embarrassed to ride in it. I still like to go fast, but if it at least handles well, then I can sustain myself for a few years. biggrin.gif

A Sepia Brown L98 Special Order - with the #31 Beige interior would be somewhat unique (IIRC the others in Sepia that I've seen are all black interior), and maybe worth restoring back to the OE color, & may be easier than yet another color change.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.