Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Texas Hill Country Rallye in April FYI
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-914...lye-2011-a.html

Don't know who this is. Anyone know Stefan GTS classics at ClassicCarSeats.com?

Has anyone here been on this Hill Country Rallye before? driving.gif
914Sixer
Yes, I know Stefan. I sold him the car he did his -6 conversion. First time I heard anything about it.
SLITS
What hills? poke.gif

Ya listenin' Clay?
bandjoey
In Clay's defense, they're taller than him. poke.gif laugh.gif The hill country has hills going way up to the sky with elevations of probably a few hundred feet! The real Germans left there about 50 years ago, and it's all tourist German now but there are a lot of twisty back roads and fun driving.
76-914
Do the Devils' Backbone Run. You lucky guy's. What a beautiful time of year for that. Low 80's and rolling hills of blue, red, pink and yellow. And it I believe that those hills are the remains of an ancient mt chain. I can't remember. Maybe the Llonorian Mt's? And Boerne (pronounced Bernie) is right in the thick of it. You guys have fun. I'm envious.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
ClayPerrine
We did this a few years ago, before the Talimena runs started....

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

The yellow car in front of Betty's 914 belongs to Rich Johnson.

Great fun.. wonderful driving roads.

Woody
May have to look into this... shades.gif
jt914-6
Hey Clay/Bill.....looks like fun....but I'll be at Hallett beating up on the waterpumpers that weekend....you can tell Robyn I said that....... driving.gif

Click to view attachment
michaelt55
I will need to check this out..hopefully I will have the new trans/shifter in by then!
Not to Hijack this thread BUT....

Is there possibly going to be a Telimena run OR maybe something around Eureka since MUSR12 is going to be there?

Inquiring minds want to know??

tat2dphreak
I was raised a few miles from there...

this can be a lot of fun, maybe I'll try and make it if my schedule opens up and there's room for a non-porsche, non-NARP wink.gif
ClayPerrine
NO definite date yet, but we are going to make a scouting trip to Eureka Springs in the early spring. From experience, it won't be fun, and it won't be in a 914. We have to have room for maps and we stop a lot to record possible route information.

The Talimena run was done by Joseph Mills. It kinda went away after the Kiamachi inn was sold, and Joseph dropped out of the 914 community and started playing with taildraggers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.