Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hi ho Hi ho to the pick a part I go...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
airsix
I'm taking a trip to the wreckers tomorrow morning to pick up a new EFI fuel pump. It's gotta do an easy 40psi with enough flow for a 250hp motor. Where would you look? EFI 5.0 Mustangs? What else?

-Ben M.

ps - this will be for the turbo EFI 1.7 which will only be good for ~140hp, but I want to get a pump I can also use next year on the warmed up EFI 2.7 (target 240hp).
Brad Roberts
I think you'll find most 'Merican cars have in tank fuel injection pumps. You need to look at Beamers/Mercedes/Audi's for external pumps.

I paid 650$ for my Aeromotive pump (good for 1100hp)

B
airsix
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Apr 11 2003, 07:55 PM)
I think you'll find most 'Merican cars have in tank fuel injection pumps. You need to look at Beamers/Mercedes/Audi's for external pumps.

I paid 650$ for my Aeromotive pump (good for 1100hp)

B

Since I only need 25% of it's capacity will you sell it to me for $150? clap56.gif
Didn't think so. Bummer.

Sucks living in Dog Patch Nowhere. Not to many imports at the local yards. Wish me luck.

-Ben M.
jonwatts
I swear Ben and I must have been separated at birth.

We both have 914s in, what is considered by us, the least desirable color. We both have a penchant for forced induction and programmable EFI.

I'm also planning on going to the pick-n-pull Saturday. I'm looking for a radiator fan and shroud for an A1 chassis VW; and maybe some other tidbits.

They could make a movie about us. Oh wait, they already did... Twins!
Brad Roberts
Jon,

I thought you where given a 944 radiator ??

B
jonwatts
I bought one from Mueller's Bargain Basement and it would work if I were doing a conventional radiator install but it's too tall for what I have planned. The A1 vw radiator is wider but shorter, fits my needs better.

The 944 radiators will be for sale at your swap meet along with other stuff.
Brad Roberts
I looked around for Junk yards up here... it appears there is a Pick-N-Pull iin Richmond. I guess this means Richmond is the location of the yards up here.

B
airsix
QUOTE(jonwatts @ Apr 11 2003, 09:54 PM)
I swear Ben and I must have been separated at birth.

We both have 914s in, what is considered by us, the least desirable color. We both have a penchant for forced induction and programmable EFI.

I'm also planning on going to the pick-n-pull Saturday. I'm looking for a radiator fan and shroud for an A1 chassis VW; and maybe some other tidbits.

They could make a movie about us. Oh wait, they already did... Twins!

This is too scary. I saw a picture of you (that Jeroen posted after his trip) and we actually look like brothers. You be the judge. tongue.gif

-Ben M.
Brad Roberts
OK. YOU have gone too far.

Give JON his WIFE back.

I wont allow BBS members to take pics with other peoples wives.

Seriously Ben.. your wife looks like Jon's wife. Deana is a school teacher..what does your wife do ??

B
fuch toy
Watts is in the follicley challenged club....they other guy has a full head of hair.....
jonwatts
My brother has a full head of hair too.

I was the last out of mom's laundry chute so I guess there wasn't much left in the gene pool by then.
airsix
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Apr 12 2003, 10:59 AM)
OK. YOU have gone too far.

Give JON his WIFE back.

I wont allow BBS members to take pics with other peoples wives.

Seriously Ben.. your wife looks like Jon's wife. Deana is a school teacher..what does your wife do ??

B

Another level of scary. Jamie teaches third grade.

-Ben M.
jonwatts
My wife, Deanna, yep, you guessed it. THIRD GRADE ohmy.gif
Brad Roberts
That my friends is JACKED UP.

Ben...are you bullshitting us ?? Does she really teach 3rd grade or have you see Jon post this info on other boards in the past ??

B
airsix
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Apr 13 2003, 12:39 AM)
That my friends is JACKED UP.

Ben...are you bullshitting us ?? Does she really teach 3rd grade or have you see Jon post this info on other boards in the past ??

B

I am dead serious. Actually Jamie gave up her classroom last year to stay home with our daughter (who is now 2). She taught 3rd grade for 4 years prior to that.

-Ben M.
Aaron Cox
ANYWAY....back to fuel pumps. huh.gif have you tried JEGS.com, they sell everything for old muscle cars and sportcompacts. they have pages of fuel pumps. for alcohol, NOS, and all your other HP needs biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
That's where Blair and I got the one for his turbo2RX7 project. Gotta have a lot of flow.
Geoff
Mark Henry
Gene berg lists BSHGFP216 Bosch fuel pump is good to 365hp. '216' is the last 3 digits in the bosch part#.

SDS lists their small bosch pump is good for 300hp it "looks" like a 75-76 914 pump, but I don't know that for sure. It's $210 USD, it and a photo is about a 1/3 down this page.

http://www.sdsefi.com/prices.html
airsix
Didn't make it to the wreckers yesterday. To many other chores. I'll try again next week. Thanks for all the suggestions.

-Ben M.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.