Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuchs 5 lugs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdArango
Hi All,

Any suggestions on where to find a set of repro or original 16X9??? I know...I know....that the originals are going to be more money. I want to see what's out there..

Thanks
ED
shades.gif
Mike Bellis
ebay has real and fake ones sometimes. Real ones are exspensive and sell quickly. 16x9 is the most rare size for some reason. Other than that, Craigs List has them in SF Bay sometimes and try the other Porsche boards.
mepstein
Your looking at an expensive size but place a WTB on Pelicanparts.com and see what people offer you. That size may not fit under steel flares.
RiqueMar
I have a sh*t load down here.

New, old, good, bad, resto jobs, deep 6's, 7's, 8's, 9's.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Feb 2 2011, 05:56 PM) *

drooley.gif I wish I new that before I bought my ATEV's. I would love to have a set of 16x9 Fuchs on my car. But alas, I must finish my engine conversion now...
EdArango
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Feb 2 2011, 05:56 PM) *

Are you serious E? You have 16x9?? What do you want for them???
racerbvd
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 2 2011, 05:24 PM) *

Your looking at an expensive size but place a WTB on Pelicanparts.com and see what people offer you. That size may not fit under steel flares.

They sure do... beer.gif

Click to view attachment
RiqueMar
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Feb 2 2011, 11:08 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 2 2011, 05:24 PM) *

They sure do... beer.gif

Click to view attachment

I think they're sititng on my Dads. I'll check
gothspeed
Fuch 16 x 9 are awesome .......... I had a set on my factory 930 back in the day ..... before I went to Ruf 17 x 8s and 10s ........ sunglasses.gif
carr914
There is a guy on Pelican that has a stash of brand new ones at about the same cost as used ones.

Of course you can still get them from your Porsche Dealer through the Classics program
matthepcat
If you want replicas in 17" size:

www.wheeldude.com

IPB Image

EdArango
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Feb 3 2011, 01:31 PM) *

www.wheeldude.com

IPB Image

Awh......my toes are curling!!!!
racerbvd
QUOTE(EdArango @ Feb 3 2011, 01:47 PM) *

QUOTE(matthepcat @ Feb 3 2011, 01:31 PM) *

www.wheeldude.com

IPB Image

Awh......my toes are curling!!!!

These are the best deal out, if you don't have to have Factory.. A buddy bought a set a few years ago, they RSR finish, and they still look very nice and are rolling true.. A new set of these for the price of a pair of used 9X16 Fuchs, plus the benefit of being able to have a better choice of tires..
matthepcat
Roger!

17" will give many more tire options, and keep a classic look.

Also really great for those with flared 914's who want some wide meat.
sawtooth
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Feb 3 2011, 03:43 PM) *

Roger!

Would love to use these linea corse fox 17" wheels but have been pretty discouraged by some of the talk on pp about them being gravity cast and not fit to be on the road. Lots of stories of runout issues. Anyone here have them?
racerbvd
QUOTE(sawtooth @ Feb 3 2011, 02:50 PM) *

Roger!

Would love to use these linea corse fox 17" wheels but have been pretty discouraged by all the talk on pp about them being gravity cast and not fit to be on the road. Lots of stories of runout issues.

Well, I'm also going by what I have seen & felt with my own eyes.. True, some of the 1st wheels out weren't complely true, but but a few years later and I haven't seen any new post of problems, but post from people happy with them. Of course, if anyone wants a set of factory 7&9X16s, I'll let a set go for $1,800+shipping..
A set of Rotas on the road..
Click to view attachment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkuV4k5CHd0
sawtooth
QUOTE(sawtooth @ Feb 3 2011, 03:50 PM) *

Roger!

Would love to use these linea corse fox 17" wheels but have been pretty discouraged by some of the talk on pp about them being gravity cast and not fit to be on the road. Lots of stories of runout issues. Anyone here have them?

Sorry, after doing some searching I found these wheels and issues/non-issues have been well covered here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.