Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Final Cleaning for install!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeffs9146
It is finaly going to be installed into something!

I cleaned it, installed the fan belt and now it is time to assemble!

Does anyone have the details on machining the lower rocker covers to alow for removal while in the car??

tradisrad
sweet. i am jealous...
SirAndy
FERG.gif
moparrob
Great job on the engine. I just removed my shroud and alternator/fan assembly and need to clean all that old gunk off. What products did you use and what method to avoid getting grime in the intake ports or other orifices?

The valve cover ribs (if you have Turbo covers) need to be machined down as such:

IPB Image

Rob
Jeffs9146
I used "Awesume" from the $ store!

It is great! Just spray it on and work it with a paint brush then brush on warm water to rinse and dry!

So you just need to machine the back portion of the cover????
moparrob
Yes, supposedly that is all you need to machine.

That picture is of another member's engine , though. On my Valve covers, for simplicity, I simply machined all the fins down to that level for aesthetic purposes. It's nice to have a friend with a vertical mill....
Dr Evil
Jeff, the back part of the cover is the part that hits the suspension console nuts. This is why it is only the rear needing machined.

Now, get that stuff out of my garage, we have a clinic to do piratenanner.gif
Jeffs9146
Now, get that stuff out of my garage, we have a clinic to do

agree.gif That is the goal!!

I am trying to get it done so I can test drive the car to find out if this trans also needs a rebuild!
RiqueMar
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Feb 3 2011, 08:16 AM) *

Now, get that stuff out of my garage, we have a clinic to do

agree.gif That is the goal!!

I am trying to get it done so I can test drive the car to find out if this trans also needs a rebuild!

Jeff,

If you send them down here, I'm doing the same thing to mine within the next few days. If you want, I cant even paint them and touch the tops of the ribs like I'm doing mine.
Jeffs9146
Thanks for the offer!

I have a few local people who have offered to machine them for me! I just need to pull them off!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.