Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone know if there's a metric adapter for late model /6 engines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
My '95 3.6L engine has the stock 993 oil pressure sending unit.

I'd like to retrofit it with an earlier unit that works with my early gauge from a '76 Carrera 2.7L. The gauge serial is 911.641.104.29 ...

The correct sending unit for that gauge does not fit the threads on my newer engine. The threads on the 3.6L are much larger than on early engines.

Someone out there must have and adapter to let me use the earlier sending units ... Anyone?
idea.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Might be good if you told the sizes and thread pitch, maybe included a picture of the part you want to replace. The Cap'n
SirAndy
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Feb 2 2011, 08:43 PM) *

Might be good if you told the sizes and thread pitch, maybe included a picture of the part you want to replace. The Cap'n

Well, if i had them numbers, i would post them ... biggrin.gif

I don't have the PET handy, but i'm sure the numbers can be found.
I'm thinking i can't be the only one with a 3.6L motor who wants to use the earlier sending units ...
popcorn[1].gif
McMark
I know I looked this up for you once and found a solution. I can do it again, but it'll take a little while.
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 2 2011, 08:50 PM) *

I know I looked this up for you once and found a solution. I can do it again, but it'll take a little while.

Yeah, i vaguely remember that, but i don't remember why we didn't order it back then? confused24.gif

My oil pressure sender went bad and now the needle is pegged at the top. I don't like the 993 gauge anyways, it doesn't flow with the rest of the dash.
So now is the time to use the nice early combo gauge i have, but it's 10bar vs. the 5bar on the stock 993 sender.

I'd rather have the correct early 10bar sender to go with that gauge ...
cheer.gif
McMark
Looks like yours has the 'big thread' which is M18x1.5. Now to find the small thread size.

Hmmmm...... this is sounding more and more familiar. Like I already ordered this part. Like it's sitting in my tool box. I'll have to check tomorrow. idea.gif
McMark
Hmm.... apparently 911.606.111.00 is a 10 bar gauge with M18x1.5 thread.

Oh, but you wanted a warning light as well, right? The P/N above is pressure only.
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 2 2011, 09:33 PM) *

Hmm.... apparently 911.606.111.00 is a 10 bar gauge with M18x1.5 thread.

Oh, but you wanted a warning light as well, right? The P/N above is pressure only.

Yes, dual sender for pressure and idiot light ... idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.