Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speedo light bulbs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeffdon
I need to pull out my speedo to fix the odometer. How the heck do you get the light bulb holders out? On my 72, they appear to be brass and are pressed into sockets, but I cannot even get them started coming out. Tried prying with a knife blade under the edge, and they are not budging. WTF?
TheCabinetmaker
I'm kinda foggy, but I don't think they need to come out to dismantle the speedo.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Twist counter clockwise and Pull

QUOTE(jeffdon @ Feb 3 2011, 08:56 AM) *

I need to pull out my speedo to fix the odometer. How the heck do you get the light bulb holders out? On my 72, they appear to be brass and are pressed into sockets, but I cannot even get them started coming out. Tried prying with a knife blade under the edge, and they are not budging. WTF?

jeffdon
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 3 2011, 08:24 AM) *

Twist counter clockwise and Pull

QUOTE(jeffdon @ Feb 3 2011, 08:56 AM) *

Thanks, I will give that a shot.
rnellums
They should just pull out, mine were a little stuck so I gave them some gentle help with some vice grips while twisting. As far as taking the faceplate off the odo, I found that a paint can opening tool makes the job really easy, I fixed three or four for a friend just the other night in under an hour.
jeffdon
QUOTE(rnellums @ Feb 3 2011, 10:37 AM) *

They should just pull out, mine were a little stuck so I gave them some gentle help with some vice grips while twisting. As far as taking the faceplate off the odo, I found that a paint can opening tool makes the job really easy, I fixed three or four for a friend just the other night in under an hour.

I am little nervous about prying off the bezel. That, and its not just the odo gear thats toast. The needle tends to stick at my highest speed for any given jaunt.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.