Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sponsors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Jeroen
This is the message that I was thinking of e-mailing to possible sponsors
Please proofread (english is not my native tongue) and make suggestions for changes.
I want to send these out tonight...

cheers,

Jeroen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

We are looking for sponsors for the 914 West Coast Classic event that will happen on june 4,5 and 6 this summer.
The WCC, will be THE event for 914 owners this year with participants for all over the USA
So far, we have about 50 cars registered (registration ends april 30th)

WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
First of all, we are looking for sponsors for the Rallye Shields.
We can print your company logo (in 1 color) on the Rallye Shields that will be on ALL of the attending cars. We have 3 spots for sponsors available on the Rallye Shield, but if you prefer, you can of course claim all 3 spots. We are aiming for $100 per spot for the Rallye Shield

You can see a preview of the Rallye Shield here:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-...-1077070925.gif
The dimensions of the Rallye Shield are approx. 12.5 inch wide and 7.5 inch heigh

The final design of the Rallye Shields will go to the printer may 5th (yes, that's next wednesday!) so if you would like to be in on this, you will need to decide fast.
Of course as a sponsor, you will receive an extra example of this great piece of memorabilia.

Other sponsorship possibilities could be "adopting" one of the 914 West Coast Classic sub-events (like the AX, the Concours, etc.)

Donations in the shape of 914 parts are also welcome.
The donated parts will be raffled during the event, at which time your name will be mentioned again.
This is a great way to promote your company.

Furthermore, we are open to any and all sponsoring suggetions you might have, so please don't hesitate to ask!

WHAT DO WE OFFER IN RETURN?
We can add a brochure, flyer, sticker or businesscard of your company to the "goodie bags" that each participant will receive at the start of the event.

Each and every sponsor will be mentioned during the event and on the event-website.

On the event-website, we will include your company logo, address, phone#, web address and e-mail address.
The event-website will be expanded with photo's and reports, so you'll enjoy your sponsorship for a long time even after the actual event has ended.
The event-website is part of www.914world.com which is the biggest online 914 community taking over 10.000 hits a day!

You can either sponsor the event financially, or if you prefer, by donating 914 parts of a comparable value.
As mentioned, these parts will be raffled during the event, at which time your name will be mentioned again.

For more information about the event you can check:
http://www.914world.com/westcoastclassic/
or the Bulletin Board on http://www.914world.com

Or feel free to e-mail me.

Thanks for your time!

Jeroen Berloth

------------------------------------------------------------------------
seanery
looks good only a couple things:

1. Here in the US we use a decimal for dimensions 12.5 inches, etc...
2. just below the dimensions you use ofcourse, it should be two words of course.

Nice job!
Jenny
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Apr 28 2004, 08:54 AM)
On the event-website, we will include your company logo, address, phone#, webaddress and e-mail address.

instead of webaddress, maybe web address? Looks great though. I can't believe we have a foreigner composing our letter to sponsors. Your english is better than mine!! Thanks! clap56.gif

Jen
Jeroen
Ok, I made the suggested changes and send the sponsor requests to:

Engman
Revolution Wheels
James Adams / JWest (rennshift)
Morphenspectra
CAMP 914
Triad West (exhausts)
Racer Chris (CFR / Tangerine exhausts)
Rich Johnson
Mike Mueller
Brad Roberts (HPH / All914)
Tony C (TC Design / rollcages)
Rich Bontempi (HPH)
Otto's
Pelican Parts
Tarett (swaybars etc.)
WEVO

These were all I could think of on such short notice
If you know of any other possible sponsors, please PM or e-mail them to me, or feel free to send them them message above yourself (and please let us know if you did here in this thread)

cheers,

Jeroen
seanery
Dave Shepard at GPR dave@GPRParts.com
Jason at Paragon jason@paragon-products.com (I think)
Jeroen
Thanks Sean
I will e-mail them right away...

cheers,

Jeroen
Demick
Parts Heaven (http://www.partsheaven.com/)
We will be local to these guys and participating in their swap meet on Sunday.

Performance Products (http://www.performanceproducts.com/)

Restoration Design (http://www.restoration-design.com/)

Rennspeed (http://www.rennspd.com/)

EASY - European Auto Salvage Yard (http://www.easypor.com/)
Also a WCC local Porsche salvage yard

Also, when you e-mail these people, be sure not to CC them all in one message. We don't want this to look like a mass mailing. Either send individually, or BCC everyone.

Demick
Jeroen
Thanks Demick,

Contacted them all, except Restoration Design
(no e-mail on their website)
Don't worry, Brad already told me he would contact them...

cheers,

Jeroen
Jeroen
WOW!!!

Things happen FAST!!!

Already covered 2 spots on the Rallye Shields:
HPH
CAMP 914

cheers,

Jeroen
Jeroen
I guess we've been too cheap offering the spots on the Rallye Shields for $100 headbang.gif
All 3 spots are gone!!!

Mueller takes the last spot

Lets hope other sponsors will follow

cheers,

jeroen
Brad Roberts
WEVO is confirmed.

B
Brad Roberts
I'll call Jerry Woods/Smart Camber

B
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Apr 28 2004, 03:56 PM)
I guess we've been too cheap offering the spots on the Rallye Shields for $100  :headbang:
All 3 spots are gone!!!

That is one of the many thing we will be able to capitalize on for next year. Our first WCC is a learning experience. I am impressed that we are going to be able to pull it off at all. After we have this successful event under our belts, next year will be even better. Sponsors may even contact us to help with the 2nd WCC.

Here's to the planning committee. beerchug.gif Good job!
Brad Roberts
Jerry Woods confirmed

SmartCamber confirmed

B
Brad Roberts
Who should I call next ?

Jeroen was the first person to figure out I didnt have the password to the event planning area....

B
Demick
Yeah, $100 is dirt cheap for a name on the shields.

Also, I noticed AA is not on the list. I know they are not the 'vendor or choice' for many people here, but I'm not sure that we should purposefully exclude them.

Demick
Brad Roberts
I'll call them tomorrow. He doesnt hate me.

B
seanery
Brad-he doesn't hate you but he'll send you a box of dogshit?

Jeroen-I can send you an ai for Mueller's logo. Lemme know where to send it. I made one for Craig, too, but don't know if he uses it or not.
Brad Roberts
I have employees also.. he personally didnt send me dogshit..LOL

B
Jeroen
Man, this if fucking snowballing.
I seriously NEVER EVER expected this much response...

Like Brad said, WEVO was the 4th to bite for the Rallye Shield
Unfortunately just seconds to late (last spot went to Mueller)
I'm sure we can work out something else

Further, Dave from GPR offered t-shirts for each participant and door prices

James Adams aperantly had already send Jeff a fuse box ($129,-) and a fog light module ($25) and he will add a trunk pivot kit ($65).
I didn't know about this deal. Am I in trouble (since the spots on the Rallye Shield are already gone but he is offering much more than $100 in raffle parts)???

cheers,

Jeroen
Jeroen
Sean, please e-mail Muellers logo to jeroen@berloth.nl
If possible in .eps format as well

thanks

Jeroen
Jeroen
Brad,

Please ask both Jerry Woods and Smart Camber (is that Smart Racing Products???) to send me their logo's

cheers,

Jeroen
Brad Roberts
I know the guy who does their art work (Gary Walton..914 AutoX National Champ)

I'll get it in a .tff format.

B
seanery
Brad, eps or ai would be better than tiff for Jeroen.
Jeroen
Can you please read back one page regarding James Adams
Some input in this matter would be appreciated...

cheers,

Jeroen
Brad Roberts
I'm guessing there is a Info packet that each person will receive ??

We could put each vendors "catalog/phamplet/stickers" in each packet.

I have NO f-ing idea what it going on. I'm late to the party.

B
seanery
If we're getting this much sponsor interest. I say can the polo shirt and do a T-shirt with sponsors on it as well. Or do the T-Shirt and then sell the Polo shirt.

Happy sponsors will spend more next time.
Brad Roberts
Somebody shot a pic of me from behind at the last breakfast. It is exactly what I envisioned our shirts would look like.

It doesnt hurt to have vendors on the backs of the polo's...

I was wearing a Tshirt from a drag racing event.

B
VegasRacer
Can you please read back one page regarding James Adams
Some input in this matter would be appreciated...

QUOTE(Jeroen @ Apr 28 2004, 04:54 PM)
James Adams aperantly had already send Jeff a fuse box ($129,-) and a fog light module ($25) and he will add a trunk pivot kit ($65).
I didn't know about this deal. Am I in trouble???

I do remember a earlier post on one of the threads that mentioned James had donated some items for the raffle. I don't think anything was ever mentioned (or promised) regarding a spot on the Rallye Shields. Craig (boxstr - CAMP 914) and I (Mustard Seed Motorsports) had also donated a pair of porcelain models to the raffle (more than $100 value). I know that we never expected anything other than the chance to show our good will and demonstrate our thanks for the support of the Club and the WCC.
Jeroen
Brad,

Yep, everyone will receive a "goodies bag" at the beginning of the event
Sponsors can provide flyers/folders/stickers/businesscards/whatever for the goodie bags

As far as I can see, there are 2 events that can be adopted:
twisty road tour (friday)
AX (saturday)
(the sunday swapmeet is already "owned" by parsheaven, right?)

GPR has first dibs on either the Twisty or the AX

Depending on how things turn out with James Adams, either he or WEVO will have the other event

After that, we're pretty much "sold out"
All sponsors will be mentioned on the website of course

If we could do a t-shirt with all the sponsors, that would be great...

cheers,

Jeroen
Jeroen
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Apr 29 2004, 02:46 AM)
I do remember a earlier post on one of the threads that mentioned James had donated some items for the raffle. I don't think anything was ever mentioned (or promised) regarding a spot on the Rallye Shields. Craig (boxstr - CAMP 914) and I (Mustard Seed Motorsports) had also donated a pair of porcelain models to the raffle (more than $100 value). I know that we never expected anything other than the chance to show our good will and demonstrate our thanks for the support of the Club and the WCC.

I missed those too... headbang.gif
I'm truely sorry. Maybe I was just going too fast because I wanted to get the Rallye Shields done (which needs to be done fast)
Maybe I'm over reacting, but I sure hope things won't backfire on me....

cheers,

Jeroen
VegasRacer
It was my understanding that sponsorship / donations could be in 1 of 2 forms. Either donating items as raffle prizes or sponsoring an event (cash). Either one would receive the best publicity we could provide.

Sponsorship of the twisty tour could be broken into smaller segments. Breakfast, Lunch, 17 mile drive fees, etc. Anything that we offer people who attend the WCC that cost money could be sponsored. Trophys, Tow fund, Auto cross, Polo and/or t-shirts, group photo/poster, etc., etc. If there are more business willing to donate, there should be no limit to the options to make the event better for everyone involved.
Jeroen
Just received a reply from Ira Ramin (Tarett)
He wanted in on the Rallye Shields too...

I'm trying my best to keep each and every sponsor "warm"

We need to make a list of other sponsoring possibilities we can offer, 'cause I'm pretty sure other sponsors will show up in the coming days

If we do sponsored t-shirts, how much money is involved?
2 color logo on the front and sponsors in 1 color printed on the back
Say 100 shirts?

cheers,

Jeroen
seanery
3 color small front & big back 100 shirts screen printed (from a company in the bay area) ~$600. I've got exact #s, but not in front of me.
If you go to 150 shirts price is ~$750-$800.
Jeroen
Hey Sean,

Those are great quotes!!!

Jeff had calculated a budget for the Rallye Shields for $10 per registration, so that alone makes $500 (the Rallye Shields are payed for by the 3 sponsors)

We have quite a few other sponsors "waiting in line"

- James Adams (goodies)
- Mustard Seed Motorsport/Vegas Racer (goodies)
- Wevo (money)
- GPR (goodies)
- Jerry Woods (money)
- Smart Racing Products (money)
- Tarett (money)
- Engman (goodies)

and I'm sure more sponsors will follow in the coming days

If we ask the money sponsors for $100 each we would already have enough to do 150 shirts (most of which we can sell at a small profit)

This would leave us with a very nice starting budget for next year!!!

cheers,

Jeroen
seanery
Her first quote was 25% higher. I told her it wouldn't do and needed to be lower. She did me right.
Jeroen
Ya sure ya ain't Dutch? Dutch ancestors maybe biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
VegasRacer
Not to be out done by Jeroen who has managed to line up sponsors in the U.S.A.,
I have managed to line up a sponsor from The Netherlands.

I have a good friend who has an advertising agency in Holland. http://www.sbwy.nl/ He has agreed to send us some items for the goodie bag. His current promotional logo item is an ice scraper. We decided that might not be the most appropriated gift for the WCC. He volunteered to have some frisbees made with his logo on them for us to put in each goodie bag.
Jeroen
This is too funny... the world in reverse biggrin.gif
Thanks Vegas!

cheers,

Jeroen
Jeroen
Engman stepped up to the plate and is donating quite some good raffle parts.

cheers,

Jeroen
JeffBowlsby
Hey all, I am here...somewhere. Since last week I have been buried with work obligations and the tidal wave of registrations and emails that have coime in. I have tried to keep the first post of the 'Look whos coming...' page current, but there is more work to be done. I have many emails yet to respond to. I never counted on this level of response. biggrin.gif

Great going on the sponsors. Please have all donated items and funds delivered to me and I will coordinate getting them to the right place. All sponsors will receive as much publicity as we can muster, and I will include any flyers or business cards, in the goodie bags. I also will print their information in the brochure if they have anything to submit...logos, discount coupons...pretty much everything and anything.

914 WCC 2004
C/O Jeff Bowlsby
3237 Julio Avenue
San Jose, CA 95124

James Adams did send me a few items unsolicited, and I am really happpy to say that he will be in attendance. I may ask him (and any other sponsors attending) to give them to the lucky recipient(s) personally, I think it would be a great marketing opportunity.
Jeroen
Hey Jeff,

James also told he would bring some additional parts with him to raffle...

cheers,

Jeroen
VegasRacer
SHIT mad.gif

The box of frisbees donated by SBWY did not arrive. It was sent from Holland over 2 weeks ago. Most packages take 7 - 10 days, often it is much less. Today was my last chance to get them in time for the WCC.

Roy does not know it yet, but since his logo is already on the sponsor shirt - he just donated a porcelain model to the raffle.

I guess this also means when I do get his donation to the goodie bags, we can count it as our first sponsor for next years WCC #2.
seanery
did the GPR shirts show?
JeffBowlsby
did the GPR shirts show?

N-yett. Dave said they would arrive tommorrow...this thing is oo close. Memo to file for next time.

Got the Real Event T-shirts today though.....yum yum... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.