Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Price Check
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
What would be a fair price to pay for a set of the early Boxter wheels ? They are gonna need refinishing and 2 have rash from hitting the ground during tire changes.

Here's a pic of the good wheel, and pic of scratched wheel. What should these sell for without center caps and poor tires ??
dr914@autoatlanta.com
600 for the set of four seems to be the going price.

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 3 2011, 10:12 AM) *

What would be a fair price to pay for a set of the early Boxter wheels ? They are gonna need refinishing and 2 have rash from hitting the ground during tire changes.

Here's a pic of the good wheel, and pic of scratched wheel. What should these sell for without center caps and poor tires ??

drgchapman
I just sold a set for $500 in perfect condition with center caps and kuhmos mounted up with a little life left in them. Sounds like my buyer got a pretty good deal.
DanT
the stock 16s are not that valuable... sad.gif
I would say those are going to go in the $350 +/- range considering condition and no center caps.
In this area you can by 7 & 8.5X 17s for $400-500 sometimes with decent tires...and these are the ones the Spec Box guys are always looking for.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(DanT @ Feb 3 2011, 10:15 AM) *

the stock 16s are not that valuable... sad.gif
I would say those are going to go in the $350 +/- range considering condition and no center caps.
In this area you can by 7 & 8.5X 17s for $400-500 sometimes with decent tires...and these are the ones the Spec Box guys are always looking for.

Thanks Dan, Dr Gary, etc: Have a set of 7 & 8 x 17s on my Boxster. Was looking at these for the 914.

I have a better idea of what they should sell for---I be a buyer in this case
Grelber
I have a set of these that I'd like to sell. 16X6's and 16X7's (2 ea). No center caps but in good shape, with decent rubber. Make me an offer. I can send pics if needed.
Beach914
Hey Jim.

FYI,

Noticed that there is a guy on San Diego Craigslist selling a set for $175!!!

Competition is tough when people are dumping stuff.

Good Luck with the sell.

Dave
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Beach914 @ Feb 3 2011, 10:34 AM) *

Hey Jim.

FYI,

Noticed that there is a guy on San Diego Craigslist selling a set for $175!!!

Competition is tough when people are dumping stuff.

Good Luck with the sell.

Dave

Thanks Dave, That what I want to pay. Seller is nearby, gonna check them out later today. Thinking I should take them to Al Reed and see if they are really straight. Lat time I bought a set of Fuchs, two had to be straightened---ouch $
toon1
why in the world would you put those wheels on your car!!!??? KIDDING!!

I paid $475 for the same wheels with caps and kind of( but not on my car)usable tires.

I would love to trade someone my 7"wide rears for a set of 6" so I would have 6"all the way around.

Just throwing that out there biggrin.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(toon1 @ Feb 3 2011, 11:43 AM) *

I paid $475 for the same wheels with caps and kind of( but not on my car)usable tires.

I would love to trade someone my 7"wide rears for a set of 6" so I would have 6"all the way around.

Good point, I was thinking the same thing !
toon1
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 3 2011, 12:14 PM) *

Good point, I was thinking the same thing !

Which one?

Putting the wheels on your car or 6"s all the way around. LOL
jim_hoyland

Do you think anyone might want to run 4 7s ? Also, did you have to use spacers ?
rohar
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 3 2011, 01:46 PM) *

Do you think anyone might want to run 4 7s ? Also, did you have to use spacers ?

I'm running 7s all around. Had to stretch the rear fenders a touch, the fronts dropped right it with some small spacers.
toon1
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 3 2011, 01:46 PM) *

6 inchers would be fine for me. I'm not going any wider than 205's.

i did a sorta/kinda fit with the wheels. I still have a 4 lug setup so I just put them up with one lug bolt. they look like they will fit without any spacers. There are people who have them on their car without spacers, turtlegirl is one. I think she has 225tires under stock fenders, IIRC

jim_hoyland
Went to seller and checked out the set; two good 6's, 1 fair/good 7, one 7 with slight damage from touching the ground. No rim damage on any of the wheels, no center caps, tires are shot. Asking $200; gonna take them to verify their are straight.
toon1
200 is a decent price, center caps should be easy to find
BuddyV
I sold a set a few years back - perfect shape, perfect center caps, near perfect tires.... got $400 for the set after posting them for a few weeks at $550.

Ones I see for sale are typically in better shape than the ones you posted..... if you really like the style, I suggest you hold out for a nice set. Those wheels are not rare... in fact, Boxster guys seem to replace them all the time.

Cheers!
DanT
Jim, if you keep the wheels and need center caps I have a complete set of 4 that will work....stock silver color matching the wheels with black crest.
Elliot Cannon
What's the difference what wheels you use, if you never drive the car anywhere?? happy11.gif lol-2.gif
sww914
I bought 4 7's a couple years ago for $450.00. I sold them for $450.00. There were in better shape than what you have there but they were the 5 spoke twists.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(DanT @ Feb 3 2011, 08:55 PM) *

Jim, if you keep the wheels and need center caps I have a complete set of 4 that will work....stock silver color matching the wheels with black crest.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.