Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help finding my 914 seller
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RFoulds
Some lowlife stole my briefcase with my laptop inside. Yes, I left my car unlocked for a moment, what an idiot.

Anyway, ALL the paperwork for my 914 was in there, and all the contact info for the seller was in the computer.

The car had not been transfered to me yet, since I had not had the VIN verified by the state. So, it was in limbo. I paid the tax and fees, but needed to return with the car to verify VIN.

Now that the Texas title, sales receipt and registratino are gone, I need to contact the seller to have a new Texas title sent to him.

But I don't have his name or number!!!

Did anyone else contact him, back last July or August? It was the Olympic Blue 1974 near Dallas with only 24,000 miles. Does ANYONE have his contact info???

Andyrew
Did you buy it from the classifieds here or on craigslist or?

You could contact the DMV and tell them what happened, ask if you can get the name of the PO.

Did you file a police report? If the thief has the paperwork to your car and its legit he could transfer ownership to himself. But if you had a police report claming VIN it would put up a red flag at the DMV to prevent this.

Just trying to help! Sorry this happened to you!
hot_shoe914
You need to contact Wayne Fry, he had posted the car and might know how to reach the guy. His world name is tat2dphreak. I hope that my sharp memory helps you in this matter.

Shoe
RFoulds
Thanks guys. I did e-mail Wayne as he had checked out the car. I hope he has the contact info. Yes, it was in classifieds here but not posted by the owner.

Police report does have a record of the paperwork being stolen.

RFoulds
Well, I figured out how to perform a search that brought up the old classified post, and at least it has his old mail address so I can start from there.

At least I have the car.

bandjoey
Hide it until the police report is in the system. He registers the car and then reports it stolen! barf.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Was it Steve Shelley in Mc kinney?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.