Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Green Horndog - 75 2.7L conversion!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
avidfanjpl
Got my plates today. Ouch. 11 years of taxes to get it CA coolio. 670 in back license fees.

OK, so it needed to be done.

BUT!

Joe Sharp and his crew at SoCal NARP are sending me info that is amazing!

Thomas just edumacated me in 20 minutes on 901/TS/SS tranny's!

There is one out there that Andy with the killer yellow 914 2056 may have for me. Thomas did the rebuild in 2008. I need the right clutch kit.

I will strip her down for bodywork and paint starting this weekend. Have not stripped a 914 in 20 years. Can't decide on the bumpers. These only need a little cleanup, but it is 300 lbs in ballast that Joe says GO AWAY!

NO FREAKING RUST other than about 6 square inches of minor surface stuff on the motor mount that I scrubbed off last night. Tap tests everywhere were cool.

No Red holy hell. NONE.

Take that Rust Devils of the Night!

Bought right here in SoCal and I am the 3rd owner, with the second one having it from 78 to 00.

Work to do so I will list the crap I need in WTB parts. But I DO NOT need an oil tank or hoses! Woohoo!

Pics of the tub when stripped for blasting in 2 months, well, maybe 3?

I have till 12.15.11 to finish it. I move on the 31st or sooner.

No flatbed for me!

Let's see if I'm a liar on that finish date.

John

PS - Yes, the color on the body is going back to Palma Green Metallic. I hope.

Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
That looks nice enough to drive and enjoy for a while. Restore it after you move.
silver74insocal
smilie_pokal.gif are we gonna see her at the next G & R ? beerchug.gif Dave
76-914
IIRC, if it's off the records for 10yrs or more it's off DMV unless you bring it up. In other words: if it wasn't registered as non-op and it's sat for over 10 yr's then have an out of state freind buy it, sell it back to you and your just out the state taxes. CA will accept a bill of sale. This is a pretty common scenario w/ 914's. People plan to fix 'em but it just drags out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.