Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help ID some parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
928er
Hi, I'm a 928 guy who has been planning to get a 914, but now it looks like we are moving next year so I'll likely hold off till then.

The reason I'm posting is that a while back I bought a bunch of 928 parts from this guy who also had some 914 parts; I bought it all planning on having spare for the future 914, I don't really want to haul any extra parts to the new home so I need to try to sell the extras but don't know a lot about the 914 parts.

1st is a side shift transaxle; is there a reference where I can match the numbers to the rear and/or gear ratios?

2nd is a pair of axles, the guy I got them from said they were HD axles for the 914 (definatly not 928 units); is there some reference for these? I guess I would need to know length from the outsides of the CV joint and diameter of the axle to ID it a2 a HD unit?

I also got some new carpet parts plus a yard of matching bulk carpet plus a yard of vinyl, and I think theres a few emblems and such; I'm planning on posting this stuff in the classifieds once I figure out what it all is.
SirAndy
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

shoot a couple of pictures and post them here.

i'm sure we can help you figure out what you have,
Andy
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(928er @ Apr 28 2004, 10:01 AM)
1st is a side shift transaxle; is there a reference where I can match the numbers to the rear and/or gear ratios?

2nd is a pair of axles, the guy I got them from said they were HD axles for the 914

side shift transmissions - alla same ... (all /4 transmissions alla same ...)

11:34 1st
18:34 2nd
23:29 3rd
27:25 4th
31:22 5th

7:31 R&P

AFAIK all the /4 halfshafts were the same. /6 halfshafts are different..
or do you mean stub axles ? /4 and /6 definitely different there, donno 'bout any 'HD' stub axles, but i guess ya never know... could be they're /6 parts in which case you'll definitely have some people interested (like - me, probably ...)
928er
A little more info:

Axles: 26mm dia.; ~41-42 cm shaft length; ~37-38 length between outer edges of CV joints with joints pushed back; 2 10mm roll pins on each end; the do match up to the drive flanges in the trans.

Trans: PN 914.301.302.00 on rear cover; PN 914.303.127.01 on ear over shifter; HA 23 02 3 stamped along bottom rib of trans.

If I'm planning on gettin a 914 next year anyhow, should I be hanging on to this stuff?? I know for my '79 928 I'd love to have an extra tranaxle around for rebuilding since they(and mine) have synchro problems.

I can get a couple pics up later today also.
Brad Roberts
Keep it all. You will need it sooner or later.

WELCOME clap56.gif clap56.gif

B
928er
Thanks for the welcome, this sounds like proper 914 parts then?

Here's a pic from inside the toolshed; can add better ones later. (928 has it hemmed in with dead battery...again)
JWest
Yep, just standard 914 side-shift trans and axles - no HD about them (nor does any HD - factory - of those parts exist).
Gint
Welcome to the Club 928er! beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.