Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tangerine #14 illustration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chuckc
I've been drawing cars since I was 5 and here is my latest one.

The Following is a cropped down illustration of the Tangerine Racing #14 car that I just completed. I spent approximately 26 hours on it. There are a couple of details I left off. The finished size is 16x20 with more white space for breathing room. Finished piece weighs in at 361MB with a resolution of 600ppi so that it could be printed with archival inks on canvas paper.

peace,
Chuck
tornik550
Wow- very impressive
chuckc
QUOTE(tornik550 @ Feb 5 2011, 05:20 PM) *

Wow- very impressive

Thanks
utah914
smilie_pokal.gif and you picked a great car to draw
AndyB
.Nice drawing of a nice car aktion035.gif
bandjoey
Why don't you do limited number of prints to sell of different 914's (with owners permission of course. This is great artwork - museum quality to look at it online.
beerchug.gif
Zimms
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Feb 5 2011, 06:34 PM) *

Why don't you do limited number of prints to sell of different 914's (with owners permission of course. This is great artwork - museum quality to look at it online.
beerchug.gif

agree.gif Nice work and nice subject.

It would also be cool to see a 914 model history from 1970 - 1976, including the 914/4 from each year, 914/6, 914/6 GT, 916, and even the 914/8 since they were made by Porsche.
chuckc

beerchug.gif

Thanks for the complement. That's a good idea. I need to get Chris' permission to use his car as first in the series, then take member's submission. Maybe owners of the selected cars get one for cost of printing and they can take care of framing. I'll think about it and if I go through with it you can have the one your choice at printing cost for the idea.
Peace,
Chuck
chuckc
QUOTE(Zimms @ Feb 5 2011, 10:04 PM) *

beerchug.gif

agree.gif Nice work and nice subject.

It would also be cool to see a 914 model history from 1970 - 1976, including the 914/4 from each year, 914/6, 914/6 GT, 916, and even the 914/8 since they were made by Porsche.

Thanks
That 's another good idea: maybe in the form of a timeline. If I use your idea you can have one for the cost of printing as well.
Peace,
Chuck
bandjoey
Thanks Chuck!
Zimms
^x2

Thanks Chuck!
jd74914
That's awesome! biggrin.gif

It would make an awesome T-shirt to go with Chris's original Tangerine Racing tees.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(chuckc @ Feb 5 2011, 10:10 PM) *

beerchug.gif

Thanks for the complement. That's a good idea. I need to get Chris' permission to use his car as first in the series, then take member's submission. Maybe owners of the selected cars get one for cost of printing and they can take care of framing. I'll think about it and if I go through with it you can have the one your choice at printing cost for the idea.
Peace,
Chuck

Chuck,
I'm very flattered that you would choose my car as the first to display your talent!
PM sent.
IronHillRestorations
Very good work! Now let's see a 3/4 view!
Britain Smith
You know, you should take 12 of the most radical cars on this site and do a calendar...I would definitely buy one (if my car was in it smile.gif )

-Britain
chuckc
QUOTE(9146986 @ Feb 6 2011, 01:54 PM) *

Very good work! Now let's see a 3/4 view!

The series will definately need to have a 3/4 view in it.
peace,
Chuck
chuckc
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Feb 6 2011, 12:11 PM) *

Chuck,
I'm very flattered that you would choose my car as the first to display your talent!
PM sent.

Thanks Chris for being cool with it.
peace,
Chuck
chuckc
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Feb 6 2011, 02:19 PM) *

You know, you should take 12 of the most radical cars on this site and do a calendar...I would definitely buy one (if my car was in it smile.gif )

-Britain

agree.gif

Hey Britain,
If I can sell 8/10 LE prints of 12 cars, then we will definately be able to do a 2012 or 2013 calendar for dirt cheap because most of the effort will already be paid for.

Is your's one of the 12 most radical cars? I'll start a new thread asking for peoples car submissions and votes.

peace,
Chuck
draganc
Great work Chuck!!

But you have to dedicate one month at least for a 914 on jack stands. I can send you a picture of my car - for free of course lol-2.gif

chuckc
QUOTE(draganc @ Feb 6 2011, 10:21 PM) *

Great work Chuck!!

But you have to dedicate one month at least for a 914 on jack stands. I can send you a picture of my car - for free of course lol-2.gif

lol-2.gif

Yeah, it will go on the back cover and will be outlines only, color background.
Peace,
Chuck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.