Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installing Perlon Headliner
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
NJ914Guy
This in my Sunday project. I have the Perlon and spray adhesive. Do you install only in the flat pan area of the targa top, or does the Perlon roll up the side lips too?
PlaysWithCars
In my '74 it is only in the flat pan.

Where did you get the Perlon from? I'm looking for a bunch to do the floor and back wall in my -6.
GeorgeRud
914 appearance has it - he also has a pre-cut piece for the top available.
NJ914Guy
Thanks boys. While cleaning the top tonight, I noticed that the inside front trim strip is missing. It sits between the front targa latches and is fastened to the top with (4) screws. What is this part called? And does anyone sell a replacement?

Thanks

-Chuck
jim_hoyland
TArga top bolster ? I see these at swap meets all the time; put a WTB ad in the classifieds, you should find several to choose from.
detoxcowboy
skull.gif blink.gif Warning; Spray Adhesive Liberaly and Evenly over the coverage area.

Summer is right around the corner and the targa top gets hot, ....

Just a little advice as the adhesive will hold nicely on first application but when Summer comes the heat will affect the top and you may find out you missed an area in the form of an air pocket,,,
NJ914Guy
Thanks for the tips. Have the heater on in the garage and will be spraying the 3M super 90 high temp adhesive. Should be OK.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.