Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gas Additives - What do you use
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
On the other thread on Ethanol, several people said to use octane booster and Stabil.

If you use these.....POST how much of each and when you use these? Every tank, Once a Month, Etc.

Also if you have a magic concoction you invented and are happy with...share the magic with us. idea.gif

Thanks from all of us.
Bill
underthetire
Seafoam in the boat and bikes. I bottle in the boat. 914 is FI, so i don't worry about it.
yeahmag
Stabil Marine to fight off the corrosion of effects of ethanol. That's it for a carb car.
pete000
I like Amsoil PI
john rogers
I used to use a medicine cup of Marvel Mystery Oil with each tank in both the street 914 and the race car and never had any snot buildup issues in the carbs or FI system.
URY914
I use Marvel Mystery Oil in my DD truck at every fillup.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Feb 7 2011, 03:07 PM) *

Stabil Marine to fight off the corrosion of effects of ethanol. That's it for a carb car.

agree.gif

Use this in my carb'd Type3.

I don't use anything in the FI 914, no need that I have seen.
mgphoto
Marvel Mystery Oil, 4 oz in the tank at each fill up and 6 oz added to the oil at change time.
338,000 miles and counting.
Mike
bandjoey
QUOTE(mgphoto @ Feb 8 2011, 12:01 PM) *

Marvel Mystery Oil, 4 oz in the tank at each fill up and 6 oz added to the oil at change time.
Mike

Do you add it to the oil just before changing the oil running or shut down, 100 miles early, etc?? Thanks
avidfanjpl
I add 2 oz of marvel mystery oil to every Brad Penn oil change at 3k and adjust the valves. I dump 4 oz in every other tank of 91 octane, and Stabil in every 4th tank.

I swear the engine sound quieter when I add the Marvel. Sahara Beige Steve taught me that, and it is marvelous stuff. NPI

John
underthetire
Mystery oil is great stuff, however it's not a storage solution any longer. The fuel will still separate just as fast as without it. Even the Stabils/seafoams/ whatever will only prolong it. Just the way it is now.
'73-914kid
Shot glass of Marvel Mystery oil in every tank of gas.. I've never had any issues with fuel creating a varnish on the carbs after over a years of daily driving..
bmtrnavsky
I put 4oz of marvel mystery oil to my fuel at each fill up and 2oz to each brad Penn oil change.

Same routine on my model A Ford.

On my toyota I run sea foam occasionally in the fuel, oil, and intake via the power brake vaccine line. What line would you use to do this on the 914? First time I did it my cars blew white smoke for days, but they ran much quieter after I was done.
Black22
I used to use Marvel Mystery Oil when rebuilding my pneumatic tools. I just put some in my 914 for the first time and it was NOTICEABLY quieter after one trip around the block!!! driving.gif piratenanner.gif Also put a shot of Stabil in the tank.
mgphoto
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Feb 8 2011, 10:21 AM) *

QUOTE(mgphoto @ Feb 8 2011, 12:01 PM) *

Mike

Do you add it to the oil just before changing the oil running or shut down, 100 miles early, etc?? Thanks

Hello,
Reduce the regular lubricant by 6 oz and use 6 oz of Marvel Mystery, I burn a 1/2 pint of oil every 1500 miles, top it off at fill ups.

914Sixer
Octane Booster from dollar store. I bottle to each tank. $1 per bottle
TheCabinetmaker
I just use real gas. One of the advantages to living in Okiehoma.
Rocky
Marvel Mystery Oil in the 914, the BMW boxer, on my bicycle chain, guns the dogs food.... you name it! Good as WD 40!

yeahmag
Watch out for Octane Boosters:

http://www.fuel-testers.com/is_gas_additiv...h_e10_list.html
orange914
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Feb 10 2011, 09:12 AM) *

techron additive checked out good, i didn't see marvel on the list???
carr914
That's because Marvel is not an Octane Booster, it's an lubricant additive.

Anything that's good as an Octane Booster is going to contain Namphra, but watch out for that Sh&t, it's mega toxic
914Sixer
Just checked my octane booster and it contains no alcohol. Only thing it says it helps knocks and pinging. No other claims made. It works for me and gives me an additional 1-2 mpg on a truck with 135k on it.
Just put some Marvel in my fuel tank when filling up my "4" I swear the engine runs Quieter!! What does it do?? Should I add some to the oil??
I run 40w in it ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.