Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: the 914 always brings a smile
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Socalandy
When I have a bad day or just need to clear my mind, these cars do it for me. Forget about everything and just drive, but she's been in the garage long enough for the battery to go dead.

On Jan 1st I lost my Father and to get back in the car and drive was great. Good memories and another way to remember him. My 72 was restored in his garage for the most part and he had a hand in the restoration.

now the -6 sits in his garage as a rolling tub. I wish he could be around for another 914 build. All the skills and lessons he taught me in the garage growing up and after will help make this project another great one!!

time to get on it, Thanks Dad!!
silver74insocal
sad.gif sincerest condolences ...i just went through that and dont wish it on my worst enemy. the end of 2010 couldnt come fast enough for me for this reason. and i agree, the car, and the great bunch of guys ive met on here helped me get it on the road and get back on track. Dave
BMXerror
Condolences and best wishes. Let me tell you from personal experience, keep building them. It's the best way to feel closer to him.
Mark D.
PeeGreen 914
I am sorry for your loss.

As I read your post I couldn't help but hope my son has a similar outlook when I move on. beerchug.gif
RickS
Keep building, modifying and improving. Your satisfaction will always be multiplied by a power of 2.

Warm regards to you and a tip of my hat to your father. May he always be with you.
Gint
Sorry Andy. As soon as the next round of snow melts (this weekend) I'll do a lap in the 914 in your dad's honor.
rick 918-S
Sorry to hear about your Dad Andy. I'm sure he would love to see you working on the six.
championgt1
Sorry for the loss of your dad. Keep driving! driving.gif
oldschool
agree.gif Getting in the car, and doing a nice round trip to L.A....to the old hood.
put's a nice smile on my face as well...About your Dad Be strong and drive flag.gif So you at C&C
Tom_T
Sorry to hear that Andy, our condolences to you and your family.

I know what you're going through only too well, having lost my Dad Dec. 08, Mom in 99, both my wife's parents 02 & 04, and more recently - my daughter's new father-in-law on 1/7 & my brother-in-law 1/21, and two other family friends in the past couple of months too! Ergo, my project is lagging - to answer your PM!

I'm here if you want some other sanity time, help on your 6, or an ear.

Tom
///////
avidfanjpl
Hey Andy,

Sorry to hear this news.

I had no idea when we met in January that your dad's passing happened at all or was so recent.

Looking forward to seeing you when you have the chance.

It is comforting that he saw the YELLOW car as I did, phenomenal and done.

John
Sleepin
I am glad you got the AWSM914 back out for a drive Andy! I knew it had been a while, and I am sure it helped! I meant to give you a call today. Be prepared to mute your phone tomorrow then! wink.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.