Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wrecked 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxsterfan
Very sad to see, but here is a white 914-6 that looks totaled (side-impact).

Someone should rescue some very valuable parts including the 2.0L 6-cyl, fuchs rims, suspension, etc...

Wrecked 914-6 on Collectorcartraderonline.com

Very sad to see... sad.gif
3liter914-6
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Apr 28 2004, 07:53 PM)
Very sad to see, but here is a white 914-6 that looks totaled (side-impact).

Someone should rescue some very valuable parts including the 2.0L 6-cyl, fuchs rims, suspension, etc...

Wrecked 914-6 on Collectorcartraderonline.com

Very sad to see... sad.gif

umm, wow that car has travelled. I saw it in PA about 6 mos. ago. more details in a few minutes.
vortrex
that car was on ebay recently with a high buy it now price, I think around $8k. if I remember correctly it has the GT style seats in it.
davep
I believe that car was on ebay a while back. It is familiar to me. I think it came from Michigan (or one of the northern states) to the foriegn car lot it is currently in.
DuckRyder
Yep someone on either pelican or here tried to purcahse it at auction right?
3liter914-6
QUOTE(vortrex @ Apr 28 2004, 07:59 PM)
that car was on ebay recently with a high buy it now price, I think around $8k.  if I remember correctly it has the GT style seats in it.

Ok, I'm done with the pictures.

Here in PA, we have the Auto Locator, and back in Nov. this car was advertised there by a company called rebuildables-online. They were about 2.5 hours from where I live (Philly/Allentown area), so I hopped in the car and went to see it. This is what I found:

IPB Image
IPB Image

If I remember correctly the hood wouldn't close. It was very complete and had a few extras like the aforementioned sport seats. I was told it was owned by an enthusiast who used it for auto-x and DE's
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Looked like a well taken care of stock 2.0. Notice the Optima and watershields. Had very solid original HE's as well
IPB Image
Pretty rustfree, it was in a dirt lot in the start of winter, so while I did crawl around on the ground, I didn't get any shots. The trunks were clean (except for a some accident damage)

IPB Image
IPB Image

The flares are fiberglass, but I'm sure they looked pretty nice at one point:
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Well, them's the details. They were asking $7900 and wouldn't budge, I laughed at them and checked every once in a while to see if they still had it and if they'd lowered the price. I checked a few weeks ago and it was gone, I guess I know where now.

So that's it, 914-6 #0275
IPB Image
Joe Bob
Looks like it swapped ends and hit a telphone pole....ugly.
DuckRyder
Yeah, that puppy is hurt too.

It is fixable, but not for joe public.....
Brad Roberts
Steel flares..

I could straighten it. Cellete bench..jigs... 8 hours worth of pulling time/setup. Good as new when done.

B
Brad Roberts
Oh.. replace the frame rail/floorpan.

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Apr 28 2004, 05:52 PM)
I could straighten it.

nice ...

someone go and save it!
Andy
3liter914-6
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Apr 28 2004, 08:52 PM)
Steel flares..

I could straighten it. Cellete bench..jigs... 8 hours worth of pulling time/setup. Good as new when done.

B

Well if I'd known it was that easy...
Wanna try your hand at this next?
IPB Image
DuckRyder
That one isn't fixable.

The estimate would say "Remove left rear wheel" "replace on lkq car".
Brett W
Brad,

Who do you know with a Cellete bench in the south east? I am looking for someone to pull my car back into shape this summer. If that is not the case I may be cutting and welding in a new drivers side suspension console.
JmuRiz
That would make for an awesome parts car. I'd take the seats, dash, bumpers, oil tank, optima, windshield washer motor, steel flairs, motor/cabs.......amazing parts on that car!

If someone could save that and rebuild it...a SERIOUS project that'd be great too. If I weren't in the east....
Jeffs9146
I just spoke with the people selling it and they have received a deposit! The guy didn't know how much it sold for but said he thought it was between $7500 and $8000!

Jeff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.