Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Post Super Bowl Hamburger Drive - Saturday February 12, 2011
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jesiv
STARTING POINT ALICE'S Restaurant

After a frenzy of playoff football and the Pro Bowl now prior to the Super Bowl, I now feel lost the weekend after the Super Bowl. I thought it would to have a drive to look forward to. Instead of tight twistes, I thought it would be nice to do more of a touring event with several meet points for people to join.

First and foremost this is a 300 mile round trip from the starting point. Realizing not everyone will want to make the round trip and may live south of the starting point; I have planned for several staging stops for people to join. If you have suggestions for better or additional staging locations please post them.

There are several nice elements of the drive route, I hope you will enjoy. From my perspective the drive elements are:

Highway 35 Sky Line
Highway 9 Big Basin
Highway 1 Coastal Drive – Santa Cruz to Monterey
“The Porsche Boxster Spyder Sunday Morning Drive” – Laureles Grade
Highway 1 Carmel to Nepenthe for a $15 Hamburger Nepenthe Restaurant, Big Sur, California
The Drive is great the views and food are awesome

Staging Points:

Alice’s Restaurant
Highway 35/9
Scott’s Valley
Sands City
Highway 1 Carmel to Nepenthe - Big Sur

After discussing New Year’s Day Drive with several people, I am changing the starting point to Alice’s Restaurant. Alice’s Restaurant has two essential elements required of any starting point - bathrooms and coffee. Which of course, crystal springs lacks…

I would like to keep the drive moving. For non-planned stops, I would suggest getting there at the recommend arrival time. We will not wait. If you miss us just join us at the next schedule stop. We will not leave a planned stop before the scheduled departure time. I would suggest arriving early.

I put together a drive sheet with the planned stops and times. If you would like my cell number please send me a PM. On the drive, I will check my voicemail at the scheduled stops (can’t hear it ring with the top down )

I have attached a PDF with the route, stops and times.

Anyone interested?

Regards,

James

Click to view attachment
DanT
are there more than just a few 914s in the area that could make the whole trip? laugh.gif happy11.gif
DanT
free icon_bump.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.