Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3 wheels wow
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oldschool
Saw this on the 605..it looks like it has a type 4 confused24.gif Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
VaccaRabite
looks like the exhaust ports are on the side of the head, making it some variant of a T1. IN fact, it looks like the whole back end off a VW dune buggy, including the late style bug tail lights.

I bet he is using a VW tranny too. Interesting that he has the shifter on the left hand side.

Note the wheelie bars. With all that weight on the end, I bet it stands up quite easily.

I see a lot of three wheel conversions. Around here, though, they are all driven by big fat dudes with beards that would make Billy Gibbons proud. Also, leathers and a helmet are all considered overkill. Jean vest and a bandanna and good to go. The MC rules in PA make my head spin sometimes. One of the few things I preferred in MD and CA over PA.

Zach
URY914
Looks real safe to me. I'm sure the brakes are top notch. sad.gif
VaccaRabite
Look on the bright side. He isn't going to endo by using too much front brake.

Zach
URY914
I hope he doesn't have a family to leave behind.
charliew
Probably t1 with vw auto tranny as I don't see a pivoting stick for the manual. The telescoping forks are not good with that much rake though a leading link is the way to go for better front suspension. It's hard to tell but it might be a leading link. I would like a better picture as I've got lots of new parts for a three wheeler project. The overall look is pretty good though. At least the fuel is low down in the front and maybe the battery behind it.
jaxdream
Met a guy at the Knob Creek machine gun shoots up in KY. He had a VW three wheeler and said he absolutely loved it , said he pulled a small trailer behind it often.
I've got a T3 auto/engine and tranny in the shed , plus a good trike title for several years that's been waiting for attention , maybe someday after the 914 is done ( yeah right !! ). Still will look at designs every now and then , this fella's looks low , but like charliew , I would go with the leading link setup on front. He does look like he's enjoying the ride though.

Jack / Jaxdream
charliew
Jack be careful with old mc titles. The jist from florida is they are keeping the threewheelers with bad not real threewheeler special construction titles when the cops stop them to check them out. You know if it's a 69 kawasaki 750 but now has three wheels and a vw rearend. I also have a few vw t3 autos available from a friends stash but he had a lot of the converters modded for higher stall for his t3 racecar. They may or may not work in a threewheeler he couldn't tell any difference, probably because his fastback car was so light.
jaxdream
Thanks for the heads up charlie on the converter thing , if it doesn't work out , I'll use the bug 4 speed that is next to it .The title is a special construction title , issued in the early 80's Tenn , should be good , hopefully , a couple of years ago had some fellas try to buy it from because of the constructed vehicles rules now here , still wouldn't sell it because of the age of the title , heck I still have the title from the first car I bought when I was 18 , 63 Chevy Impala SS , 327 factory 4 spd. Hard to let go of some things , pack ratty.

Jack / Jaxdream
Eric_Shea
We hit the Black Hills the weekend that Sturgis let out. You would not believe how many trikes are out there.
poorsche914
There are usually a couple trikes at the Circle Yer Wagens shows. Here are two from last fall:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Years ago a guy brought a custom built bike with a type IV. Wish I had some pictures to show you but a hard drive crash took them all sad.gif
charliew
Jack the stock converter is probably ok. The ones I have, he had a tranny place cut some of the blades out to try and get the stall speed up for his drag car and the ones I have aren't easy to tell which ones have been worked on and which ones are still stock so I am worried about using the wrong one. They kept using a new one to cut on and after doing a few they gave up.
McMark
Looks like a T3 motor, which is pretty common on those because of the pancake cooling system. Notice the alternator location.

IPB Image
URY914
This POS was at a VW show recently and I had to get a shot of this fine steering gear/chain combo. You can't really see the spring to take up the slack in the chain but it is there.

Click to view attachment
URY914
It's like a carb return spring hooked on the chain.

Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
Years ago, I saw an ad for a "Motorcycle Lawyer" on the tube. Evidently the guy felt he had to show his "motorcycle cred" with a shot of him riding. A trike. Built from the rear end of a 914... I kid you not!

--DD
URY914
Click to view attachment
Elliot Cannon
I saw this one in Germany a few years ago. I've haven't seen one since. Anyone know what this is?
oldschool
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Feb 9 2011, 09:44 PM) *

I saw this one in Germany a few years ago. I've haven't seen one since. Anyone know what this is?

Very nice
McMark
Looks like a Lotus. av-943.gif
nathansnathan
I found a few type 4-powered 2 wheel motorcycles. It's insane that they need to super charge them! 400hp?!
IPB Image
IPB Image

http://www.erik27.com/todd/Bike/index.

And then this one
IPB Image

http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2005/11/...red-motorcycle/

I guess with the lightness of a motorcycle you can push things that way, and have like 9.5:1 cr evilgrin.gif
jt914-6
Saw this at a car show I was in..... flag.gif

Click to view attachment
rjames
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Feb 9 2011, 09:44 PM) *

Click to view attachment

A John Deere riding mower?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.