Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BMW mirror/sun visor pin question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rfuerst911sc
When I had my windshield replaced I decided to use a rear view mirror that was not glued to the windshield. I purchased what I believe is a BMW mirror and it screws to the windshield frame. The mirror frame has a hole drilled through it where the visor pins mount. However the hole is much smaller in diameter then the Porsche visor pins. I don't have a lathe otherwise I would turn them down. Not sure there is enough material to drill out the mirror frame. I know others have used these mirrors how did you make the visors work ? I have new visors coming from Mikey914 and need to figure out what to do. Thanks guys.
rick 918-S
Make up a spacer to slide over the smaller pin.You could drill out a piece of round stock.
jim_hoyland
The Dr Evil RV mirrors attached that way. They were really great ! Unfortunately, the good Dr stopped making these.

I used one for several years, looks great.
charliew
Look around for a sleeve to go over the smaller shaft that will fit the larger hole. Plastic, steel brake line, ss fuel line, brass hobby tube, build it up wth epoxy and sand it down, dip it with the plastic dip, etc.
rfuerst911sc
Good suggestions I will attack it by making my own pin/s.
Elliot Cannon
I used the stock pins and turned them down by putting them in my drill press and holding a file to it. Kind of a crude way to machine something but it worked. smash.gif
Dr Evil
I used an angel grinder, artfully, when I was making mine. I like Ellie-yut's idea better smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.