Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLEX BROSOL H40 DEIS Carbs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
knuckledrgr914
Can anyone provide me with any information on these carburetors? I am looking at putting them on a 1.7L, 96mm motor. Attached are some pics...

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Cap'n Krusty
Those look kinda nasty, but they should work fine, assuming you can make 'em nice again.

The Cap'n
knuckledrgr914
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Feb 9 2011, 10:09 PM) *

Those look kinda nasty, but they should work fine, assuming you can make 'em nice again.

The Cap'n

Thanks Cap'n!!!

Ya, I definitely need to do some cleanup on them, but before I spent the time I wanted to see if they would work... They have been sitting in the trunk for who knows how many years!

Do you know of a good place to get a rebuild kit for them (dual carbs)? I am not 100% sure which model they are so I am not sure which kit to purchase. I appreciate the advice!

Brad
Mark Henry
I think they are off of a Puma.
They are an odd ball kadron carb, the kadron carb kit will work but IIRC you have to modify a gasket slightly. Kadron air cleaners don't fit but everything else does.
knuckledrgr914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Feb 10 2011, 02:24 PM) *

I think they are off of a Puma.
They are an odd ball kadron carb, the kadron carb kit will work but IIRC you have to modify a gasket slightly. Kadron air cleaners don't fit but everything else does.

Thanks Mark!
bandjoey
Were these used on Euro carb'd 914s?
knuckledrgr914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Feb 10 2011, 08:30 PM) *

Were these used on Euro carb'd 914s?

I am not sure... Is there a way to find out besides running the VIN?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.