Full Version: hey Spoke, you okay?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rmital
saw this on the news today:Yahoo News Story

check in and let us Northeasters know all is well..... flag.gif
Dr Evil
Yikes
Spoke
Yeah, we're ok. This happened in center city Allentown. I live about 8 miles from there.

They're blaming it on old gas lines that are leaking. They are trying to fix the bad lines but they think the entire city has leaky lines.

One side note about this thing, there was an article in the paper a few days later about an older couple who were trying to put their lives back together after their house and belonging were torched.

They called all the utilities and anyone they had bills with and most companies said they could hold up payments for several months if needed.

Except the cable company. When the couple called to stop service, the cable company told them they would be liable almost $200 for the burnt-to-a-crisp converter box that they didn't return. Their daughter called the mayor and the paper and a paper columnist made a big stink in the paper and the cable company waived any costs for the box and even waived the current month's bill and promised no installation fees when they rebuild.

Why do companies like the cable company have to be embarrassed into doing the right thing instead of doing it in the first place?
RJMII
Why do companies like the cable company have to be embarrassed into doing the right thing instead of doing it in the first place?

It was more than likely a low level CSR that told them they had to pay... from there it turns to business politics, statistics on who will try embarassing them, insurance on the equipment, TOS litigation... and in the end the person that is in charge of over-seeing it all ends up talking to himself on a flight home and setting up an underground club where people can beat each other up and bring down all of the companies. (but we're not supposed to talk about it)

It's good to see that you're doing alright. I saw the explosion in the news the other day, too. I came here to see if the PA ppl I know are far enough away as well. beerchug.gif
Eric_Shea
hey Spoke, you okay?

Not sure but I think he might have gotten his head knocked around a bit, he just paid over retail for some bearings. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.