Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I think my rod is too small
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
F4i
Hi, I measure the portion of the rod that rides in the case and intermediate plate as being .005" smaller (od) than the rest of the rod. Is this worn or is it supposed to be smaller? Thanks
Red-Beard
Nope. It's worn.
F4i
I kinda thought so. well we all know where this is going... Anybody got tranny parts for reasonable $$$?

BTW: If you are the Red-Beard that wrote a bunch of tranny fix it up articles thanks. They have been of great help. beerchug.gif
Red-Beard
Unfortunately, I need to keep all the sideshift parts....

and, yep, I'm me...

Thanks! and you're Welcome.
Brett W
Have a welder build up the worn area, brazing would be the easiest to finish and then file, sand or grind it back to spec. This should fix the problem.
F4i
I may weld them up and then have them turned. Does anyone know if they are available anywhere? It never ends does it. I havent driven it yet and I can hear it rusting under the new paint wacko.gif
tracks914
QUOTE(F4i @ Apr 29 2004, 03:07 PM)
I havent driven it yet and I can hear it rusting under the new paint wacko.gif

I hear ya brother laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
drew365
As a temporary fix you could put a tie wrap around the bushing to take up the slop from the worn shift rod. Add some grease and you're good till you find a good rod. And good luck on that.
F4i
I just called Brad @ hph. Apparently if bears pee in the woods I am going to be ok. Porsche has them
new as well. I am hoping HPH will be the most cost effective solution
madd_dogg_914
QUOTE(F4i @ Apr 28 2004, 08:07 PM)
I think my rod is too small

Hmmmmmmmm . . . I am absolutely shocked that no one here in our illustrious group has commented on the topic title. I don't know whether to be dissapointed or proud biggrin.gif

-Chris
F4i
QUOTE(madd_dogg_914 @ Apr 29 2004, 07:59 PM)
I don't know whether to be dissapointed or proud biggrin.gif

Neither do I.
maf914
That's funny. I mentioned the thread title to my girlfriend and she asked if anyone had made any smart ass remarks! laugh.gif

I told her, surprisingly no, and that I didn't know why. confused24.gif

laugh.gif

Mike
madd_dogg_914
Perhaps as a group we have become a little bit more mature. Perhaps we all need to give ourselves a pat on the back for our newfound maturity level! biggrin.gif

-Chris
madd_dogg_914
On second thought . . . .

You have a small rod!!!

HAHA
Red-Beard
I can'timagine that 0.005 would make that much difference anyway. I'd work on getting a different one, but I'd run it as is until then. Yanking the gear stack is so easy!
tracks914
QUOTE(madd_dogg_914 @ Apr 30 2004, 08:31 AM)
On second thought . . . .

You have a small rod!!!

HAHA

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
It's about time someone lowered this post to my level. Way to go. agree.gif
Joe Ricard
A thread not to discuss in the mens room. <_<
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.