Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB/ pair of 1/2 inch 4 lug spacers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
jsayre914
I have been searching, and i cannot figure out why Porsche made the front track an inch smaller then the rear. Was this for handling?? Each time I find a thread where someone spaced out the front track of their stockish car... they said it handled noticeably better. I would like to give it a try.

I am not interested to make my own. I read that hubsentric spacers are the way to go. Does anybody have a set for sale. I just want to try it in the front and see.

PM me

or let me in on the source. Everything I found online is less than 1/2 inch or its 1inch blink.gif seems a bit much.

Thanks

Joseph
jsayre914
icon_bump.gif

C'mon guys... dont make me stack the smaller ones. Think of my saftey rolleyes.gif

anybody got a lead??
bye1.gif
racerbvd
You can buy spaces at Pep-Boys and other parts houses, about $10 a pair..
DanT
I will answer your question...I used 3/4" spacers on the front along with 1/2" spacers on the rear of this car and it made a considerable difference on turn in with the spacers up front.
You will need longer lug bolts or longer studs if you have studs now...

by the way the front is narrower than the rear by ~1.6"

they are tough to find, I had custom made front and rears....
mwyatt
I stacked the smaller ones. I've had them for years and 20,000 miles with no problems.
racerbvd
QUOTE(mwyatt @ Mar 7 2011, 08:53 PM) *

I stacked the smaller ones. I've had them for years and 20,000 miles with no problems.

That is the set up for my 71, I pressed 4" 930 wheel studs in the front disc & rear hubs..
gcrotvik
Here is a link to spacers I used on my 75 914. I used the 20MM spacers on the front of the car but after they were installed I wished I had used the 25MM (almost 1 inch) spacers.

http://www.machine7.com/section.php?xSec=632

They are in the UK but I had no issues ordering on line and they shipped quickly.

For longer studs, look on eBay for Titan Wheel. Here is a link:

http://shop.ebay.com/titanwheelacc/m.html?...p;_trksid=p3686

Enjoy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.