Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Correct hub adapter for MOMO?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ellisor3
I have a MOMO Monte Carlo steering wheel that came from the PO. It always annoyed me that the turn signal would not cancel after a turn. So I pulled off the wheel only to mind that there was no canceling ring and furthermore the turn signal did not sit all the way down in the adapter so no modification would help the situation. WTF.gif

So, my question is what is the correct adapter for the 914 that will allow the canceling ring, and where can I get one?
GeorgeRud
If I remember correctly, there are two different adapters depending on the model year of your 914. I don't have the partt numbers available, but I imagine Auto Atlanta or GPR should be able to help with that.

On my 914-6, the turn signal canceling ring was a removeable part on the hub, so it may be available at the dealer if you can't find one used somewhere.
SirAndy
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Feb 11 2011, 11:24 AM) *
there are two different adapters depending on the model year of your 914.

agree.gif

Start with the year of the car. /4 or /6?

The cancel ring goes on the back of the adapter and needs to be oriented correctly to work.

popcorn[1].gif
Mike Bellis
I can tell you guys. On my 73 Momo adapter, the cancel ring from a 924 bolts on perfectly.
ellisor3
It is a 73, -4, and I did find an 8002 adapter from the Momo site, but it does not say anything about the canceling ring. If a 924 ring works that would be great.
SirAndy
QUOTE(ellisor3 @ Feb 11 2011, 12:55 PM) *
I did find an 8002 adapter from the Momo site, but it does not say anything about the canceling ring.

The canceling ring should still be on your old steering wheel ... idea.gif
ellisor3
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 11 2011, 03:59 PM) *

QUOTE(ellisor3 @ Feb 11 2011, 12:55 PM) *
I did find an 8002 adapter from the Momo site, but it does not say anything about the canceling ring.

The canceling ring should still be on your old steering wheel ... idea.gif

The PO did not have the original steering wheel. It came with the Momo steering wheel only.
jaxdream
Cancel ring from the same model year of VW bug will work also , so will the turnsignal unit . VW made the 914 and used a lot of shelf parts. 8002 is the correct adapter for 73 , I have one on my 73. Good luck with the cancel ring , they are available from a few different cars with VW linage.

Jack / Jaxdream
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.