Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Wanted, Attorney with SSA disability experience
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bobhasissues
Please, I'm not looking for sympathy replies, just solid referrals, please PM me if you can help.
I have been living with and caring for my older brother for 11 years now. He is physically disabled, both legs amputated, due to a vascular disease. To make matters worse he just had a stroke on 1/22/11 and cannot currently speak or move his right arm. Social Security has recently suspended his benefits due to an alleged overpayment of benefits in the past. We have been trying to deal with this issue for two years now but it never seems to get resolved. I need to focus my time and efforts on his recovery and desperately need an attorney to take charge of this Social Security matter. If anyone here does this kind of work or has referral information to a great attorney that does, please PM me. I'm not sure, but with regard to Social Security issues I don't think it matters what State your attorney is from.

Hope all your cars are well.

Thanks,
Bob
jaxdream
Good luck to you dude , the Social folks do like to hang on to our money.

Jack / Jaxdream
Tom_T
I'm not sure if they're also advertised back there, but out here on TV Binder & Binder & one other firm which I can't recall now, advertises for just this type of SSD/SSI type of work all the time. You can probably Google for the first one for a local Chi-land office contact.

No experience with them myself per se, but most attorneys will give you a free 1/2 - 1 hour initial consultation to discuss your/brother's situation and how they'd handle it & your chances, and then you can check them out for yourself & decide.

One of my sister's down in IN has been on SSD for a long while without problems, but we never had to go the attorney route (at least so far).

Good Luck & kudos for taking good care of your brother. beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
reverie
I would call these guys... Robert Friedman & Associates.

I have two friends who were represented by them for disability cases, and both of them won. From the testimonials on their website, it looks like they have a good record. If they can't help you in Illinois, maybe they know someone who can.

http://www.rafalaw.com/practice.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.