Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rubber gloves
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bugsy0
Does anybody know of a super-tough, thin rubber glove that works well in auto mechanics? I've tried Nitrile rubber which is far better than latex but they all tear too easily on sharp edges etc.

Dr Evil, what are those black gloves you use in the tranny rebuild video?
underthetire
The nitrile ones GPR send as a gift are better than most. I usually wear two pairs at a time.
pete000
I get nitrle at Costco and double them up. Harbor Freight has them too, pretty cheap. I sometimes wear them under my Mechanix gloves.
bugsy0
I guess I'll just double them up. Probably the most practical solution.
nsr-jamie
Buy stuff from GPR and they include some for free, very cool !!!! I remember someone mentioning 914 fridge magnets, that would be even cooler....my wife bought me a pair of snap on work gloves and those are great and I believe washable too
TheCabinetmaker
go to napa and ask for "thicksters".
76-914
Gloves???????????? 134.gif
nsr-jamie
QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 12 2011, 10:56 PM) *

At first I thought that too, why need gloves...but them I remember gashing my thumb and later on my knuckles too and while I was in the hospital waiting to get my 4 stiches, I thought to myself if I had only had some gloves on this may not have happened...gloves are important. They also keep your hands cleaner and this makes your wife happier too beerchug.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Feb 12 2011, 07:20 AM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 12 2011, 10:56 PM) *

At first I thought that too, why need gloves...but them I remember gashing my thumb and later on my knuckles too and while I was in the hospital waiting to get my 4 stiches, I thought to myself if I had only had some gloves on this may not have happened...gloves are important. They also keep your hands cleaner and this makes your wife happier too beerchug.gif

No kidding...I get the your not coming anywhere near me with those hands all the time. grouphug.gif
PRS914-6
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Feb 12 2011, 05:49 AM) *

go to napa and ask for "thicksters".

agree.gif

Get some baby powder for the inside and you will find that you can actually reuse them until they get torn. They are a little thick and you lose some dexterity but a very strong glove that I use frequently
Dr Evil
The ones in the DVD are actually from GPR smile.gif However, I get similar black thick nitrile gloves from Harbor Freight.
VaccaRabite
I also wear nitril gloves when I remember.
When I don't remember (or when I run out) I get the stink eye from my wife for getting the sink all dirty trying to wash my hands clean. Or she screams as I run at her with filthy hands.

Zach
tod914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 12 2011, 11:51 AM) *

The ones in the DVD are actually from GPR smile.gif However, I get similar black thick nitrile gloves from Harbor Freight.

Mike, do your patients mind?
stock93
We got some really nice ones from the tool truck. I'll check to see what brand they are. They have a little lining in them that keeps your hand from getting all sweaty and clammy.
tornik550
Use "Invisible Glove". Its great. I have to have clean hands for work. It is a paste type substance, just rub it on your hands prior to working on your car and rinse off the dirt and oil with soap and water when you are done. It works very well.
Cap'n Krusty
Most thin rubber gloves aren't any tougher than your skin. They mostly serve to keep grease and grime off your hands. This might work .............

http://www.amazon.com/Rubberized-Plastic-C...g/dp/B000VS2HMK

A bit inconvenient, and it may be toxic, but who cares?

The Cap'n
ELLIOTT
Ya , but how long does it take to dry?
ripper911
I like SAFEGRIP made by microflex. thick blue gloves with an extended cuff.

I use them when I can during embalming (when I buy them) otherwise we use the black nitrile.
Dr Evil
I just picked up some nitrile/latex gloves at Harbor Freight. Thicker nitrile gloves that have a latex lining. smile.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(ELLIOTT @ Feb 12 2011, 01:49 PM) *

Ya , but how long does it take to dry?

Who cares? It's trick, and trick is self justifying. Well worth any inconvenience, and your friends will be impressed!

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.