Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB - 914 Motor - I have trans, carbs and exhuast
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
porsche4me
Hello - I am in Savannah GA - looking for a motor - 1.7 1.8 or 2.0 ==== I have a car that just spun a bearing and need to put something in it....
I have another 2.0 liter (3 bolt heads and has the extra tubes for the smog stuff) sitting on a pallet , but has not run for 6 years -- and that's the same story as the motor that just spun the bearing 2.0 (3 bolt heads).

for a low budget, low power and slow race car that need to run longer than fast - - - www.chumpcar.com is for cheap cars and I can sink a bunch of money....

Could trade seat time for running motors ---- I rent seat for $500 -$600 for a 14 hour race ---- we have a good time - and its "real" wheel to wheel racing on world class tracks - Roebling, Seabring, Charlotte - Rockingham VIR - Road America

Scott Aumann
Click to view attachment
914xprs
hello,
i have a running 1.7, i will sell for 400.00 complete with tin fan and fly wheel, no induction or exahuast.
$200.00 shipped from ca to your location or pick up at my liocation. motor is out of a wrecked but running 914 1973 1.7.
thanks
paypal to iefixitburke@yahoo.com

QUOTE(porsche4me @ Feb 11 2011, 08:17 PM) *

Hello - I am in Savannah GA - looking for a motor - 1.7 1.8 or 2.0 ==== I have a car that just spun a bearing and need to put something in it....
I have another 2.0 liter (3 bolt heads and has the extra tubes for the smog stuff) sitting on a pallet , but has not run for 6 years -- and that's the same story as the motor that just spun the bearing 2.0 (3 bolt heads).

for a low budget, low power and slow race car that need to run longer than fast - - - www.chumpcar.com is for cheap cars and I can sink a bunch of money....

Could trade seat time for running motors ---- I rent seat for $500 -$600 for a 14 hour race ---- we have a good time - and its "real" wheel to wheel racing on world class tracks - Roebling, Seabring, Charlotte - Rockingham VIR - Road America

Scott Aumann
Click to view attachment

DRPHIL914
welcome.png

Welcome to World!!!!!

Scott,

First of all, glad to see another member from the S.E.! I'm right down the road in Beaufort, S.C. I don't have a motor, but i wanted to give you a heads up, a possible lead for one.
The guy i bought my car from used to live in Savannah while on recruiting duty, and he gave me the name of a guy there that does all porsche work, and very familiar with 914s.
His name is Jim Crumley. Apparently his shop is near the best buy store on Abercorn. The stripmall to the right as you are facing that plaza, i believe his shop is right behind that one.
I talked with him 2 months ago because my motor burned a valve etc-dropped valve seat(2.0), and he had a 73 or 74 2.0 that he just bought car and all, he was pulling the engine out and was testing it- i was going to buy it- he said he did not have time to do a whole motor, anyway he was to call me after the holiday and i was going to bring mine over and swap them out, but he never called, and does not return my calls- so you might swing by and get a deal, or he might be more trouble than it is worth, but since he is in your backyard, it might be worth a shot.
I decided to do a complete rebuild, got a guy here that builds 911 race cars and sells race tires- Bob Woodman- do you know of him? their specialty is the aircooled - esp. the sixes from the 911s. I have had a hard time - 2 months looking for a motor on here or club for 3 months, and it is either complete rebuild for $$$$$ or a $400 take your chance might get 50 miles or 50,000.
I also can tell you that the other response you had from Terry - I've used him for lots of other stuff, and he is trustworthy, but as you have found out, you never know for sure what you have with used stuff. these motors are 35-40 years old.

Anyway good luck, stop by Jim's shop if you get a chance- it was a 2.0 he had.
Word was he is an excellent mechanic, but one man show and so too busy to return my calls.......
let me know if you find anything out. Send a p.m. or
e-mail: philipjwagnerdc@gmail.com

Phil Wagner
Beaufort, SC.
Al Meredith
I have a newly rebuilt 1.7 still on my engine run-up stand. long block with tin and flywheel. no exhaust or carb or dizy. that stuff is negotiable. $800, I'm in Atlanta and could arrange pick-up or delivery.
914xprs
i have you covered...talk to you on friday.
getting all the info ready for you.
thanks
terry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.