Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT/ WTB directTV receivers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > Ads: All Other Non-914 Stuff
914itis
I am switching to direct TV and looking to purchase 3 receivers ASAP.
NJ914Guy
I think I actually have some. Will check today. Back to you soon.
underthetire
Um, don't they give you them free? I know they gave us two hd dvr units. I just scraped a couple old ones recently.
orange914
correct me if i'm wrong but direct t.v. takes 1 receiver per t.v.
the amount of t.v.'s used with dish t.v. depends on the receiver

for dish anyways the old receivers were purchased so you could keep them, but now they are "leased".

i was told if you had a satelite dish & receiver you could use it to pirate. not legal though

anyone know exactly how this works???
914itis
QUOTE(orange914 @ Feb 12 2011, 11:13 PM) *

correct me if i'm wrong but direct t.v. takes 1 receiver per t.v.
the amount of t.v.'s used with dish t.v. depends on the receiver

for dish anyways the old receivers were purchased so you could keep them, but now they are "leased".

i was told if you had a satelite dish & receiver you could use it to pirate. not legal though

anyone know exactly how this works???

pirate? i dont know, but yes, the ampunt of receivers controld how many tv is used. they give some free ( they let you hold 5) any addt'l you have to purchaswe for 70 bucks
bdstone914
I have an HD directv reciever new in box im not using, Can shoot you some pics and details if you need it. It doesnt have an HDMI port.
914itis
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Feb 13 2011, 12:48 AM) *

I have an HD directv reciever new in box im not using, Can shoot you some pics and details if you need it. It doesnt have an HDMI port.

sure, HDMI port is not needed
Eric_Shea
I think I have a couple in the closet in our theater room... confused24.gif
orange914
does any one know if you have to have the service for H.D. TIVO (i think an additional $6 a mo.), IF you have and install youre own H.D. TIVO?

if you buy an extra receiver doesn't the provider have to activate it to operate?
914werke
I have an old one, not sure if it is HD or not. get it outta here!
914itis
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Mar 27 2011, 01:58 PM) *

thanks, no longer needed
orange914
QUOTE(ppetion @ Mar 27 2011, 10:37 AM) *

QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Mar 27 2011, 01:58 PM) *

thanks, no longer needed

i'm nterested, i didn't want to hyjack. can you p.m. me? smile.gif

mike
Wolfgang
HD is extra $10/month and Tivo is extra $7/month for any number of units. Each receiver is $6/month --- all newer ones are leased not customer loaned! So the $29.95/month teaser quickly becomes $60! They use a access card with unique id number so unless you can program smart cards can't see how it can be hacked.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Wolfgang @ Apr 1 2011, 10:46 AM) *

HD is extra $10/month and Tivo is extra $7/month for any number of units. Each receiver is $6/month --- all newer ones are leased not customer loaned! So the $29.95/month teaser quickly becomes $60! They use a access card with unique id number so unless you can program smart cards can't see how it can be hacked.

agree.gif

We had direct Tv for 10yrs. The last few years their fees kept going up and up. We switched to Dish Network and have been very happy with it. Went from $80 a month to $40 for 12 months after that it will be $60. We got free HD channels and DVR.

I called Direct Tv before we switched and asked what we could do to somehow lower our fees. They offered to lower it by $10 for three months, gee thanks dry.gif . Should have heard them when I called back to cancel our service, they offered me the moon. Sorry, to little to late.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.