Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Proper harness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
xperu
I am looking for advice for the proper harness for my 914 for SCAA AX on weekends. I will use a harness bar and Kirkey seats. Can anyone show me the attachment point and the best type of harness to floor connector. Thanks Mike
Randal
QUOTE(xperu @ Feb 12 2011, 08:13 AM) *

I am looking for advice for the proper harness for my 914 for SCAAC AX on weekends. I will use a harness bar and Kirkey seats. Can anyone show me the attachment point and the best type of harness to floor connector. Thanks Mike

The best one I've seen was in my car when I first bought it. It was a bar that attached to the inside of the sail where the shoulder seat belt mounted. It ran from one side to the other and the bigger belts (shoulder straps) mounted on the bar.

I'll bet Bontempi has them.

Andyrews Progress Thread, over in the garage, has a picture of one on his car.
xperu
QUOTE(Randal @ Feb 12 2011, 10:42 AM) *

I am looking for advice for the proper harness for my 914 for SCAAC AX on weekends. I will use a harness bar and Kirkey seats. Can anyone show me the attachment point and the best type of harness to floor connector. Thanks Mike

The best one I've seen was in my car when I first bought it. It was a bar that attached to the inside of the sail where the shoulder seat belt mounted. It ran from one side to the other and the bigger belts (shoulder straps) mounted on the bar.

Thanks Randal, BTW that is a really nice looking car you have shown on you Avitar, I like the action shot. Mike
Randal
QUOTE(xperu @ Feb 12 2011, 03:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Randal @ Feb 12 2011, 10:42 AM) *

Thanks Randal, BTW that is a really nice looking car you have shown on you Avitar, I like the action shot. Mike

Thanks Mike
sean_v8_914
here is some good info about proper mounting points. the angle that the harness pulls from is critical for safety
http://www.schrothracing.com/sdocs/2009_Co...nstructions.pdf
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.