Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 9146 Tranny Case
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
JimmyG
I am looking for a nice 9146 tranny case for a project I am working on.
I want one without any oxidation or interior water damage. I am transfering my components from my 70 911 901 so I can go to the push clutch
Let me know if you can help!
Jimmy
914Sixer
914 trans cases are the same. Gear set and end cap make it a -6 along with number stamped on the rib.
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Feb 12 2011, 06:28 PM) *

914 trans cases are the same. Gear set and end cap make it a -6 along with number stamped on the rib.

Correction... please look at a -6 case vs a 4 case ..there are slight differences
JimmyG
There is some small differences. This will be for a original -6 so I want to use a case that will be correct.somebody surley has a bare case laying around.
FourBlades

I have a good 914/6 tail piece if you end up needing one.

John
JimmyG
Thats John but I am going to use my stuff from the conversion car with a side shift. All I really need is the bare case. I built my original -6 case at Georges when we where there.
BTW; your cars are looking good!
carr914
I have an empty -6 case some in my stash, if I can just find it idea.gif
JimmyG
Do some digging T.C ! would love it if ya found it!
bam914
My dad has one. It has never been used. It is missing a very small piece of the case on top of the bellhousing. You would never see it.
JimmyG
Yea I talked to him yesterday Blake He was at a Porsche club social and was going to talk to you and send a pic of the case and the broken piece.Let me know what you find out.
carr914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 13 2011, 04:54 PM) *

I have an empty -6 case some in my stash, if I can just find it idea.gif

Found It !

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
bam914
Pictures are coming.
JimmyG
How much do need to get for it T.C.?
ChicagoPete
I posted over on Pelican too...have a -6 trans sitting around with a bad ring/pinion, if it doesn't work out with T.C. feel free to PM me.

Peter
JimmyG
OK Pete I will do that
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.