Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can anyone tell me how to remove trim
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thesey914
I'm trying to remove these two pieces so I can strip the car ready for painting.
The Chrome trim on the rear of the targa bar attaches/unattaches how?
And how does the coat hook unfasten so I can remove the inside sail panel trim?

Cheers -J.Seymour
Gint
Dunno about the coat hook. The chrome roll bar trim is removed by first removing the two down pieces on the side. On those, one screw is on the outside as you can see. The other is a nut on the backside of the trim at the bottom. You will have to go up underneath the rear quarter. Then the cross piece "pops" off. It has clips that use spring tension on the back side of the trim piece.

That's all the time I have for now. I could possibly get some pics for you later. I have to go pull a motor/trans now.
JeffBowlsby
The coat hook is a plastic cover that slips over and snaps to a metal bracket, which is fastened with a screw. Carefully pry off the cover cap and its a no brainer.
thesey914
WOW, Cheers Guy's.....that was almost instantaneous!! Ginter...I (eventually) managed to work out the nut for the curved trim piece (buried beneath inches of mud) but was worried about forcing the cross piece.
Jeff -thanks for the coat hook info.
-J.Seymour
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.