Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NOS type 4 NIVWB main bearing sets! What are they worth
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hwgunner
I know, what ever some one is willing to pay for them! That said, I am trying to help out a friend and want to know what you guys think. What do you all think a fair price to the consumer is given the state of things. I have a price in mind but want to make sure i am in under the market so i don't get shot. ar15.gif Let me know.

jonathan
hwgunner beerchug.gif
shoguneagle
They have been on the E-Bay from $40.00 for a pair; $63.00 and $80.00 for singles. They are all over the place which does not reflect true value. I picked up two sets (4 rear main bearings for a total of $82.00 for all of them) for $40.00 per set.

I would suggest a search on the E-Bay to develop an idea of what they are worth. I believe most people want to charge too much for single bearings.

The ones I bought were from a source that had quite a few of them and was willing to sell at the $40.00 per pair price to clear inventory.

Hope this helps.

Steve
McMark
We need to know if they are STD/STD or undersize, oversize. I sold a sets for $125-$150 recently, depending on which configuration.

I'd love to see links to $40 main bearings, Steve. Everything I see on eBay is $150-$200 a set.
jasons
I paid $175 for a set of Std/Std Kolbenschmidts a few months ago. I think that was a little above average but it was the first set I found available.
gothspeed
I just paid $225 a couple weeks ago for a new full MB set STD/STD for my new 2056 ... smile.gif
tradisrad
High Performace House is asking about $150 for a set.
hwgunner
They are Std/Std and they are full sets, not just one bearing. If they were $115.00/set to the consumer would that be reasonable? there are 2 sets right now but I am told they are sure there are more sets. I am also told there is a s*$t pile of "914 FI parts". I am holding out for those also.

jonathan beerchug.gif
McMark
That's a DEAL for someone. I'll pick up a set at that price.
Rav914
QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 16 2011, 10:44 AM) *

That's a DEAL for someone. I'll pick up a set at that price.

So would I.
914werke
chowtime.gif rolleyes.gif
Type 4 Unleashed
icon_bump.gif
gothspeed
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Feb 16 2011, 08:56 AM) *

They are Std/Std and they are full sets, not just one bearing. If they were $115.00/set to the consumer would that be reasonable? there are 2 sets right now but I am told they are sure there are more sets. I am also told there is a s*$t pile of "914 FI parts". I am holding out for those also.

jonathan beerchug.gif

That is MORE than reasonable biggrin.gif!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.