Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wheel bolt pattern question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RJMII
5x130 is translated to 5 holes that are 130mm apart?

What is the distance to center, and what formula did you use to come up with the answer?

popcorn[1].gif
underthetire
QUOTE(RJMII @ Feb 16 2011, 02:41 PM) *

What is the distance to center, and what formula did you use to come up with the answer?

popcorn[1].gif

65mm bootyshake.gif
JFJ914
QUOTE(RJMII @ Feb 16 2011, 05:41 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif

130mm dia circle, 5 studs spaced at 72deg. No formula reqd. 65 mm to center.
SirAndy

I think not ... rolleyes.gif
underthetire
Think I know where you were going with t his thread. If you don't have an indexer on a mill, you need to trig out each hole for X/Y coordinates, or use this. (all of our machines have it built in, so does your mach3 )

http://www.doov.com/cgi-bin/bolthole.cgi
RJMII
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 16 2011, 04:22 PM) *

I think not ... rolleyes.gif

beerchug.gif

Someone that pays attention to details.
RJMII
QUOTE(underthetire @ Feb 16 2011, 04:26 PM) *

Think I know where you were going with t his thread. If you don't have an indexer on a mill, you need to trig out each hole for X/Y coordinates, or use this. (all of our machines have it built in, so does your mach3 )

http://www.doov.com/cgi-bin/bolthole.cgi

I drew them up in bobcad... and I switched over to the linux box with EMC2 on it. It let the CSOB in me buy more stepper drivers instead of more software.

I did a circle array every 72 degrees; now to get the back lash out of my rotary table again. I had it *perfect*, and then had to disassemble it for the stepper motor mounts.

And thank you for the link, I have it bookmarked now. biggrin.gif beerchug.gif

(on second thought, I don't really need the rotary table, I have the x/y table pretty dialed in and I can adjust the 'round' on the lathe when it shows up)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.