Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Tins
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
falconfp2001
Just pulled a 1.7 and was wondering what I can reuse for a 2.0 build I'm planning.

The engine tins are nice and just need cleaning and repainting but are they usable on a 2.0?

I'd also like to know what other parts are usable or interchangeable?

Thanks

Frank
bdstone914
You cant use the same top tin on the 2.0 without some interesting cutting. Ive seen it done but just buy the right top tins. Spark plug angle is different, meaning your holes wouldnt line up with your spark plugs at all.
TheCabinetmaker
I think the rest of the tins are the same.
gothspeed
It is my understanding that tins are the same except for the cylinder top tins. You would only need 2.0 tins, if you are using 914 2.0 heads on your motor. I will be making a printable 'template' so anyone can hole saw their 1.7 tin to work with 914 2.0 heads. smile.gif
Dave_Darling
The lower-left tin is different between side-shifters and tail-shifters. But it doesn't sound like you'll need to worry about that.

I think 72 rear vertical tins have an extra hole in the left side, for the warm-air intake setup. But that can be ignored pretty safely.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.