Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Look what George sent me!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Bellis
I had to post this. This is a super rare Euro lens. Never before seen! confused24.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif

Auto Atlanta sent me this wheel by mistake. It is supposed to be a pair of brand new Euro Lenses. I did call and they are fixing it. too funny....

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Millerwelds
Are you sure that is not an important part for your rotary conversion? blink.gif
Tom_T
Don't worry, I'm sure one of AA's customers out there is looking for that wheel/tire about now & wondering where it went, because we all know that AA staff makes no mistakes & George checks all shipments! biggrin.gif
... he told me so just 2 weeks ago! dry.gif

I'm still waiting George & Brad! ... no word from you yet. sad.gif
Drums66
....That's as bad as tiger hunting in your PJ's poke.gif
howd he get in there? bye1.gif
KELTY360
Didn't you order a pair of those ultra rare lenses? Where's the other one? It's probably back ordered and you'll get charged for a second shipment. mad.gif poke.gif av-943.gif
SirAndy
Hard to say from that pic, but is that a 5lug gasburner wheel? If so, it's worth a lot more than yer lenses ...

shades.gif
Eric_Shea
Lucky you didn't get the impeller/impellor thing...
scotty b
unsure.gif
computers4kids
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 16 2011, 05:01 PM) *

Lucky you didn't get the impeller/impellor thing...

agree.gif That's funny...that's exactly what I was thinking! A "racing cooling fan"...
KELTY360
So........was it worth the wait?
poorsche914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 16 2011, 07:57 PM) *
Hard to say from that pic, but is that a 5lug gasburner wheel? If so, it's worth a lot more than yer lenses ...

shades.gif

Looks like a 928 wheel.

Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 16 2011, 04:57 PM) *

shades.gif

It's just a 6" POS 928 wheel. I could throw it on a gas burner. Would that make it worth more?

Actually George is supposed to email me a pick up tag so I can send it to the rightful owner.
bandjoey
One mistake gleans a new lesson!

We can ship wheels without a box. smile.gif

Who's the shipper?? Ups-Fedex-??

SLITS
Damn, at least you got something ...

Oh, if UPS, call tags cost extra money. If AA uses WorldShip software, they can print and mail or email a return tag (you have to print it, of course).

sad.gif
BIGKAT_83
Sure looks like they did a good on the packing. I hope they insured it for damages
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
McMark
UPS and FedEx will take it without a box. I've shipped and received plenty of wheels that way. I think it's easier to ship wheel with a tire because it protects them perfectly.
dflesburg
Looks like a super rare racing option to me...

it is a parking lot anchor.

If you attach an original factory cable to it (looks like a six foot piece of rope but really its a NLA part). will keep your race car from driving away by itself....

you are very lucky to come across such a piece of ... uh... history.
carr914
QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 17 2011, 12:57 AM) *

UPS and FedEx will take it without a box. I've shipped and received plenty of wheels that way. I think it's easier to ship wheel with a tire because it protects them perfectly.

I normally would agree IF you put a full piece of cardboard on each side of the wheel. That is wrapped like Ass
Sleepin
QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 17 2011, 06:50 AM) *

That is wrapped like Ass

That is also wrapped by, and shipped by one! IPB Image lol-2.gif av-943.gif laugh.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif
Mike Bellis
Well, my real lenses are on a Fedex truck and should be at my house today. The wheel will be picked up by Fedex tomorrow.

Big thanks to George, Carrie & Mia at Auto Atlanta.

Next time I would like you to accidently ship me a set of 16x9 Fuchs, pollished, mint condition with brand new tires... beer.gif
carr914
15X9 & 16X9 are Available New again from Porsche - You don't want to know the price
Andyrew
That is just to funny!

Glad it worked out!
TurbOH Brad
Unfortunately, our shipping guy entered the order number for the fedex label one digit off. I am sincerely sorry for the problem, and I hope that everything is well. We are sending Michael a complimentary Porsche Crest keychain today, I know it doesn't absolve us of responsibility, but it's a step.

Well, now that I have your attention, I would like to take this opportunity to announce our newest part! We finally have front and rear bumper top seals! Get your set now!

As always, the parts are personally picked and checked for greatness by the Doctor himself! Check it out!

Best Parts Ever!

happy11.gif bye1.gif laugh.gif evilgrin.gif
mepstein
$999 - WOW! 914rubber.com (mikey) sells the set for $549 and includes shipping.
TurbOH Brad
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 17 2011, 02:41 PM) *

Did you read the parts description?

It's painful that you took it so seriously!
Mike Bellis
beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment
Andyrew
Ahahaha, you changed the price to 19999.99 so no one would take it seriously! Good job!
carr914
Looks like the Dr is bending over to take one, instead of giving it sheeplove.gif
TurbOH Brad
Well, I personally oversaw the shipment of Mike's key fob. It is a genuine Porsche piece. The funny thing about it though, to the untrained eye, it looks a lot like the office stapler that went missing earlier this afternoon.

hmmmmm.....
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Mike Bellis
Well I did receive my Euro Lenses today smilie_pokal.gif Fedex is supposed to pick up the 928 wheel tomorrow. I can hardly wait!
scotty b
QUOTE(Brad @ Auto Atlanta @ Feb 17 2011, 07:19 PM) *

Well, I personally oversaw the shipment of Mike's key fob. It is a genuine Porsche piece. The funny thing about it though, to the untrained eye, it looks a lot like the office stapler that went missing earlier this afternoon.

hmmmmm.....
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

your posts ring of familiarity dry.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(Brad @ Auto Atlanta @ Feb 17 2011, 11:51 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 17 2011, 02:41 PM) *

Did you read the parts description?

It's painful that you took it so seriously!

Actually to set the record straight here I did have to start charging a flat $30 for shipping on all Domestic shipments.
-Mark
Cevan
QUOTE(Brad @ Auto Atlanta @ Feb 17 2011, 02:14 PM) *

Unfortunately, our shipping guy entered the order number for the fedex label one digit off. I am sincerely sorry for the problem, and I hope that everything is well. We are sending Michael a complimentary Porsche Crest keychain today, I know it doesn't absolve us of responsibility, but it's a step.

Well, now that I have your attention, I would like to take this opportunity to announce our newest part! We finally have front and rear bumper top seals! Get your set now!

As always, the parts are personally picked and checked for greatness by the Doctor himself! Check it out!

Best Parts Ever!

Could someone explain exactly where this $19,999.99 part fits on my 914?? And I need to wait 14 years for them? And why I'd want to slap my mama?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
If you do not know I suggest that you sell your 914 and buy one of these::

http://kaufmanphoto.zenfolio.com/p61120466...01258#h14d01258
Every 914 owner needs one, even joe mama.

QUOTE(Cevan @ Feb 18 2011, 09:41 AM) *

QUOTE(Brad @ Auto Atlanta @ Feb 17 2011, 02:14 PM) *

Best Parts Ever!

Could someone explain exactly where this $19,999.99 part fits on my 914?? And I need to wait 14 years for them? And why I'd want to slap my mama?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.