Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Valve adjustments on a 76' 2.7
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RiqueMar
Heyguys, I'm looking for this and I've tried a few things on the search function, but I can't seam to find the proper values for the valves on this 2.7, any knowledge for a young dumb rookie?
SLITS
0.004" cold for both.
Cap'n Krusty
Valve clearances for 911 engines with adjustable valve lash are .004". They need to be right on the money, especially for the earlier engines.

The Cap'n
RiqueMar
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Feb 16 2011, 04:34 PM) *

Heyguys, I'm looking for this and I've tried a few things on the search function, but I can't seam to find the proper values for the valves on this 2.7, any knowledge for a young dumb rookie?

Think I got it off the bird board....Here ---> Valve Adjustment

Can anyone confirm?
RiqueMar
QUOTE(SLITS @ Feb 16 2011, 04:42 PM) *

0.004" cold for both.

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Feb 16 2011, 04:43 PM) *

Valve clearances for 911 engines with adjustable valve lash are .004". They need to be right on the money, especially for the earlier engines.

The Cap'n

Awesome guys, thanks for the help!I'm glad to see the 'Pro's' are on right now!
pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif
SLITS
make sure you get the tool with spare blades ... makes it much easier (kinda)!
Cap'n Krusty
Wayne's "911 Valve Adjustment Made Easy" shows you the hard way, but that's OK. ALWAYS adjust the valves BEFORE you remove the spark plugs. Too easy for a piece of carbon to be dislodged and fall into the opening for the exhaust valve, making your adjustment way off.

You can use my easy valve adjustment method (which can be found in the Classic Threads forum). Rock one valve all the way open, adjust the opposite valve. Piece o'cake. In the car, you use a starter button, out of the car, you use a 19mm (3/4") box wrench on the crankshaft pulley.

The Cap'n
Downunderman
I do it this way.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...valveadjust.htm

I have found it to be more accurate.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Downunderman @ Feb 17 2011, 10:56 AM) *

I do it this way.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...valveadjust.htm

I have found it to be more accurate.

Sounds like a lot more work (especially with the engine installed in a 911, much less a 914 where access is severely compromised), and I doubt it's more accurate than my technique.

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.