Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting Ebay Auction/Sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kconway
Never seen this before, thought maybe the evil Dr might be interested or perhaps someone else. No affiliation, just thought it was kinda cool tool.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/P258-Porsch...omotiveQ5fTools
Dr Evil
Already ended, but did not sell. I was actually looking for one of these recently. Thanks!
kconway
He had a "make an offer" on that auction...probably would respond to a off auction offer so he doesn't have to relist.
Dr Evil
Already on it, just awaiting a response smile.gif
JeffBowlsby
You might want to check with Baum tools to see if the original is still avaialable/$.

Here is the original, its 2-pieces:

Dr Evil
Contacted the guy, bought it for less than list smile.gif Thanks for posting this. Now I can do r/p setups. smilie_pokal.gif This will save more transmissions.
Richard Casto
I have one that looks pretty much identical to that one. As far as I can tell nobody (such as Baum Tools) makes these. All you can find is older examples of the original tools (which may or may not have all of the parts) and the repro version that are typically created by using an early 911 diff housing.

Setting the pinion depth is conceptually pretty straight forward with this tool, but it can be tedious/time consuming.

Richard
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Feb 19 2011, 02:30 AM) *

I have one that looks pretty much identical to that one. As far as I can tell nobody (such as Baum Tools) makes these. All you can find is older examples of the original tools (which may or may not have all of the parts) and the repro version that are typically created by using an early 911 diff housing.

Setting the pinion depth is conceptually pretty straight forward with this tool, but it can be tedious/time consuming.

Richard

Got a pic?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.