Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My kids on the right path
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
underthetire
Told me today he wants a Ghia for his first car. Wants to fix it up with me. First time he has shown any interest in cars.

Now on the search for a cheap Ghia...
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(underthetire @ Feb 17 2011, 02:26 PM) *

Told me today he wants a Ghia for his first car. Wants to fix it up with me. First time he has shown any interest in cars.

Now on the search for a cheap Ghia...

piratenanner.gif sweet. I can't wait to do this with my kids beerchug.gif
moparrob
agree.gif

My son is 13 and we are startng to talk about building his first car. He says Mustang, but we'll see....
914Sixer
Sounds like a good plan. The 914 is a safer car than the Ghia, besides you know all about them and probably have a lot more parts. Some Ghia parts can be problematic.
Mike Bellis
My kid wants a muscle car with big tires in the back... aktion035.gif He's only 14. He says my 914 is too fast for him... happy11.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Feb 17 2011, 03:20 PM) *

Sounds like a good plan. The 914 is a safer car than the Ghia, besides you know all about them and probably have a lot more parts. Some Ghia parts can be problematic.

He doesn't like the 914. Most of my spare parts have been donated anyway. Wish he did want a 914 though, would give me an excuse to stockpile. Brother and I did a 64 convertible ghia back in the 80's, so I do know them a little.
bembry
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Feb 17 2011, 04:22 PM) *

My kid wants a muscle car with big tires in the back... aktion035.gif He's only 14. He says my 914 is too fast for him... happy11.gif

piratenanner.gif That made me laugh--very cool kid! Muscle car with big back tires--that rocks!
flag.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(bembry @ Feb 17 2011, 04:35 PM) *

QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Feb 17 2011, 04:22 PM) *

piratenanner.gif That made me laugh--very cool kid! Muscle car with big back tires--that rocks!
flag.gif

PM me. This Ghia in my shed needs to go away .................

The Cap'n
Lennies914
Jeffs914-6 told me two weeks ago there's one in a barn over on Marsh Creek Road. confused24.gif
surfbus66
The 914 is a father and son (16) project. The Mustang is mine! Too much HP for him(says me)!
surfbus66
Forgot to mention the grandson (1) project. Anyone have a real small set of jackstands?
Jeffs9146
Jeff, I did see one on Marsh Creek Rd on the right before you get to Walnut ave!

I don't know if it is for sale but the guy has a lot of stuff sitting on his property! Let me know if you want the go by and check it out! I saw an older guy in the shed yesterday when I was driving by!
gandalf_025
When my daughter was in High School, she had her mind made up she wanted my 96 Camaro. She learned to drive in that car.. A standard transmission too. When the time came for her to be driving, I bought a leather interior out of a 2002 Z28 on E-bay, A quick cleanup at a body shop and about 1000.00 worth of stereo gear installed and a set of Z28 mag wheels
Deal was "Report Card" of all A's and she drove the Camaro.. Anything less and she dove a Geo. From that time forward.. never less than perfect Report Card.

Best part was she was 4'11", about 90 lbs and her boyfriend couldn't drive a standard..
I didn't like him anyway....
Was the best money I ever spent....

oldschool
QUOTE(surfbus66 @ Feb 17 2011, 05:41 PM) *

Forgot to mention the grandson (1) project. Anyone have a real small set of jackstands?

Click to view attachment agree.gif my grandson....fixing av-943.gif the rust
underthetire
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Feb 17 2011, 04:49 PM) *

Jeffs914-6 told me two weeks ago there's one in a barn over on Marsh Creek Road. confused24.gif

Think I saw that one a year or so ago. Yellow one I believe, with a nice black spray paint stripe along the outside bottom to hide the rust..

Did find a 66 from a friend, little rust, and original paint.
Jeffs9146
Sounds like the same one! I didn't get close enough to see the black paint or the rust!
underthetire
It was sitting outside under a tree for years, in the dirt. I wonder how hard it would be to stuff that 1.7 T4 in it. idea.gif
sixnotfour
ya project car , get it paintd,springs, tires wheels, stereo,
and a Girlfriend.
Hey chris lets do something to the Golf ? .
Chris replies I need to be somewhere...........
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.