Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rear view mirror
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mrbubblehead
its a little late now. because i just bought one of these, but have any of you guys seen these mirrors. my rear view would not stay put. the ball was wore out. plus it wasnt attached to the windshield to well. i thought this was a better option.

opinions?

link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=320659009416
Lennies914
I'm waiting for my mirror to fall off so I can get one of those. They've been around for awhile. I think Dr. Evil was making them.
IronHillRestorations
I think it was Lotus65, Paul Illick I think is his name. I put one of those on a customer's car and it was pretty good.
jeeperjohn56
They are great, I have bought two, I didn't like putting the stock mirror on my new windshield. John
bandjoey
Looks good. Do the visor pins fit? Is the mirror placement the same or higher than the stock mirror?

rfuerst911sc
I purchased a BMW mirror a few years ago from a forum member but can't remember who it was. Mirror fit perfect but the stock visor pins do NOT fit the mirror they are too large in diameter. I just received my new visors from Mikey914 so I have to figure out something for the mirror pins. I don't think there is enough material in the mirror shaft to drill it out to the OEM pin O.D. so I'll find some rod that does fit and build it up. No big deal. I do like the mirror.
7TPorsh
Just bot this from the same guy on ebay. best move. Puts the mirror closer to my face and i can actually see out the back window...plus cleans up the glass from outside. Visors are no problems, got tighter.
Dr Evil
Yup, I used to make them from BMW ones. The price is what I used to charge. I made them after seeing someone selling them for $100+ which is ridiculous. I like them.
zonedoubt
Pretty easy to make once you get the right mirror. And no unsightly white sticky adhesive pad stuck to the windshield!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.