Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flapping headlight
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
matteyp
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone had a problem with there headlights flapping up and down without stopping. For some reason I cant figure out why my passenger headlight motor constantly runs up and down when I turn on my lights. I checked the ground and sanded it it real well and that doesn't seem
To be the problem. Could my motor be bad? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

Matt
TROJANMAN
replace the relay
DanT
check your little round headlight relay. It is under the plastic cover to the rear and under the motor...they get corroded or go bad and cause the headlight motors to cycle. biggrin.gif
clean all the terminals. try switching it with the passenger side and see what happens.
matteyp
Hey thanks for the suggestions. I totally should have thought of that. Prolly somethin simple. Would this cause the headlights to not come on? Neither one of them will turn on. Thanks.
mrdkrantz
If I remember correctly the headlights not turning on is a relay on top of the fusebox. Mine went bad a couple of years ago. They would pop up and would go down but would not light.
I replaced the relay on top of the fusebox and bam... like new
The motors and lights turning on is two different relays
matteyp
Wow ok, will check that out. Checked motor relay both are fine. Guess I will keep messin with it till I figure it out. Kinda funny these cars are like puzzles. Soon I will have all the peices!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.