Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shifting troubles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
recko911
Im having some difficulties with adjusting the shifting. All bushings are new, and motor mounts. Where do you set transmission at the side shift. Can someone describe a good process. Thanks
TROJANMAN
If your transmission is good, and you've replaced ALL of the bushings, you just may need to adjust the shifter in the center console. Remove the plate, and I think it takes a 10mm socket?? Isn't everything a 10 or 13? biggrin.gif Loosen it up then shift to a gear and when you find a gear, tighten it back up.
recko911
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Feb 17 2011, 09:02 PM) *

If your transmission is good, and you've replaced ALL of the bushings, you just may need to adjust the shifter in the center console. Remove the plate, and I think it takes a 10mm socket?? Isn't everything a 10 or 13? biggrin.gif Loosen it up then shift to a gear and when you find a gear, tighten it back up.

I'm having trouble adjusting at the center console. How to find proper location while 13mm screw is loose.
stugray
It is a PITA.

To line up the shifter to the proper gear (side to side) you have to move a spline or two one direction or the other.
That is just trial and error.

Once you find the "gates" to the gears, then you adjust how far in or out the two pieces are relative to each other.

This adjusts how far forward/back the lever needs to move to fully engage the gears.

Stu
detoxcowboy
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...t&id=218669

It is in this link.. how to adjust the shift lever console .. starting page 27
Dr Evil
agree.gif
Who ever wrote that is a fricken GENIUS! wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.