Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash_Recover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BIGKAT_83
Just got a dash pad recovered and really like the way it turned out. The local guy that did it was wondering if there would be any interest in more. I have 2 spare pads that need to be worked. The one I did here was a perfect crack free pad.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Bob
914werke
Looks like he did good work! Leather or vinyl?
I personally dont like the bight accent stitching but Im sure he could do it with black. How much?
gothspeed
It looks great w00t.gif !!! I would be interested to see a version with all black thread ....... idea.gif .............. what is the cost?
tradisrad
it looks great. I had a recoverd pad (sold it due to year model), but the cracks could be felt and seen through the recover. Ask him if it is possible to recover a cracked dash and not have the cracks show through.
JmuRiz
+1
I'm assuming my dash has a crack...since it has one of those hard covers on it. If he can repair cracks and do that in leather for a reasonable price, I'm interested.

Would he do the lower dash as well, or just the upper?
BIGKAT_83
I had him redo these Scheel seats for me also so all I know on the price was the total. Both of these are in vinyl but he does do most of his work in leather.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

7TPorsh
popcorn[1].gif
d914
looking good...
BuddyV
That's EXACTLY the kind of craftsmanship I like to waste my money on.... I'm possibly in.... for the right deal.

Put me down as a "want-to-but-need-to-know-the-grand-total".

Thanks for sharing..... looks great!
matteyp
I would definately be interested also. That dash pad looks great. Would u have to ship him the core?
RonnieJ
If the price is right I may be in.
gothspeed
popcorn[1].gif good stuff smile.gif
racerbvd
I have been wanting to have one recovered in suede, like a Lambo cup car..
rktmn247
Damn! That looks nice. This is also something I feel compelled to spend money I don't have on. Please stop posting such evil temptations. headbang.gif
infraredcalvin
At the right price, I might be in for a suede one...
MoveQik
That looks really good. I had mine recovered and double stitched like that a few years back. I had the ashtray deleted as well(maybe your guy could consider that?). Unfortunately, now I can see exactly where every crack was under the new material. sad.gif

How much?
BIGKAT_83
I left the ash tray in it. I have a AFR gauge mounted on a spare ashtray so I can remove it when I'm not tuning my car.

I think its pretty important on the prep for the dash. Thats why I did this to a good dash (crackfree)

I'm going to check just what he will do a dash for. The price he did all of my work for was a super good price.

Bob
ConeDodger
Mine looks like that except for the stitching being black. I had mine done by Appearance and Performance 914 in Oregon. They can be found in the member vendor section here and the cost is $375 plus the shipping. I went to the UPS store and they boxed and shipped it for something like $40...

Just as a reference, A&P914 charges $300 each to reupholster seats so the job described here by the OP would have been $975 plus shipping.
76-914
popcorn[1].gif
nsr-jamie
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Feb 19 2011, 02:44 PM) *

I have been wanting to have one recovered in suede, like a Lambo cup car..

agree.gif
nsr-jamie
I was going to have my dash redone here locally (in Japan) and the guy who specializes in this work didn't want to do it as he told me in Japan's hot and humid summers that the leather will change in size and cause wrinkles after a few years and said that I was better off going with vinyl instead of the leather which was a big shock for myself as I had really wanted to finish the rest of the interior in leather....

Your dash turned out really nice !! I like it a lot and with that stitching would match my Momo prototipo steering wheel perfectly
Dr Evil
As someone who used to deal in this particular stuff, that is very nice. Using a cracked dash is not too bad, there are fillers you can use that keep the feeling of the substrate uniform. I didnt realize James was doing these also.

I am interested if the ashtray can be deleted smile.gif
BIGKAT_83
Got a price on doing just the dash with vinyl. He said $300 and if you want leather that is no problem it would just be the extra that the leather cost over the vinyl.
He also said with a bad cracked dash that he would put a 1/16 layer of high density foam over the dash.

He will be booked up for the next couple of months. Got two big jobs in house this week. Both over $10k hot rod jobs.

Chris Pincetich
Thanks for sharing beerchug.gif
Suede would be super cool. I want a Momo suede wheel w a suede dash.
For now, I just swapped to a beauty of an OEM dash I found a while back.

I now have a core dash with perfect plastic studs and 3-5 cracks in the normal places. PM me if interested in buying it. Preference to locals ( I see one posting already! ) because it will require a custom box to ship.
Dr Evil
Suede does sound nice idea.gif

Group buy????!!!
BIGKAT_83
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 19 2011, 10:04 AM) *

Mine looks like that except for the stitching being black. I had mine done by Appearance and Performance 914 in Oregon. They can be found in the member vendor section here and the cost is $375 plus the shipping. I went to the UPS store and they boxed and shipped it for something like $40...

Just as a reference, A&P914 charges $300 each to reupholster seats so the job described here by the OP would have been $975 plus shipping.

I think I just got my work done at the right time,he had a slow down in work and had the time. I got charged $200 for the dash recover and the seats where$150 each. $500 total. When I saw him Saturday and asked for the price on the dash he told that it took him twice as long to do as he thought.

Bob
db9146
Bob,

I'd say you did get a deal......since I'm just down the road in Loganville, I was hoping that your deal might be able to be replicated but it sounds very doubtful.

I would like to ride that way sometime and take a look at your projects....got some neat stuff there it looks like.

Dee
JmuRiz
If there's a group buy, I may divert funds from 6-conversion parts...I was thinking smooth leather for the dash and suede for the flat part between the dash and windshield...then some woven leather for the dash face (to look like the stock vinyl).
racerbvd
How about Alcantera w00t.gif and why stop at the dash, how about center consoles beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.