Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cry for help, Seattle area..914 electricians
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
matteyp
Ok so Ive been working away at getting my electrical done on my car for about 3 weeks now, and although I know its probably very simple, I have offically given up. Had all my lights except for the headlights working yesterday and now I cant get anything but the passenger taillight and parking light to work. Dash lights headlights and headlight motors no longer work. I heard a small buzz and some smoke and I think I probably fried everything. Not sure what I did. Fuses all look good which is probably a bad thing. Can someone please come over and help me sort out this mess before I rip my hair out?????? I will pay whoever helps me, Beer money whatever it takes headbang.gif

Matt
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(matteyp @ Feb 18 2011, 02:12 PM) *

Ok so Ive been working away at getting my electrical done on my car for about 3 weeks now, and although I know its probably very simple, I have offically given up. Had all my lights except for the headlights working yesterday and now I cant get anything but the passenger taillight and parking light to work. Dash lights headlights and headlight motors no longer work. I heard a small buzz and some smoke and I think I probably fried everything. Not sure what I did. Fuses all look good which is probably a bad thing. Can someone please come over and help me sort out this mess before I rip my hair out?????? I will pay whoever helps me, Beer money whatever it takes headbang.gif

Matt

PM sent sad.gif
Rod
Ah thats sad sad.gif

I hope the PM ^ gets you sorted beerchug.gif
cary
Not much help. Down here in Portland.
But I doubt you melted everything. Fuses would have blown. What isn't fused, is the ground. Chances are you back fed positive to ground. Probably smoked that wire and anything wrapped with it.
The fuse block has a bunch ground to the left of the fuse panel. Theres another behind the temp control.

In my 911, the ashtray light wire grounded out and melted back to fuse panel once.

Good Luck .............. I'll check back in about 6 hours and see if you got some help.
While I'm previewing I see Jon has contacted you ...................... Your in good hands.

Headed out to burn metal .....................
Click to view attachment
914werke
Matt Ive been sort of busy lately but I can find some time next week to come down & help.
PeeGreen 914
Rich, I am planning on heading over to look at the car Sunday morning if you want to come along beerchug.gif
matteyp
If u guys could come over Sunday that would be awesome. Much appreciated wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.