Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Woke the car up after a winters nap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
championgt1
It was not raining today, so I decided to wake the car up from its 4 month long nap. Started up fine and noticed that the heater fan and the windshield wipers were not working. Whatever, took it for about a 30 minute drive with no other issues. piratenanner.gif

This is were it gets wierd. Got home and had it running in the drive way when all of a sudden the alternator light comes on. At that point the gas gauge, volt gauge, and temp gauge all read 0. The tach also reads 0, eventhough the car is settled at a nice 1000 rpm idle. WTF.gif

So, anyone have any ideas on things to check? Yes, I checked all the fuses and they are good. What else should I be looking for?
bembry
Mouse damage?
Rod
Earths next to fuseboard?
championgt1
QUOTE(bembry @ Feb 18 2011, 03:13 PM) *

Mouse damage?

Nope! No rodent damage.
Spoke
Check fuses, grounds. Check voltages at the fuses on the tab side, not the fuse. fuse tabs can oxidize when sitting and even though they look like they're connected, the oxidation will cause an open circuit. Spin the fuses too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.